heartburn

amy samantha

Reaction score
anyone else ever had it virtually EVERY SINGLE DAY?
I'm so sick of complaining about it but I'm sick of tums!
argh is it meant to be some sort of sick joke?!
and while I'm at it are there any decent alternatives to tums... not a huge fan of feeling like I'm eating chalk :lol:
X

I'm the same! I can normally time it to the spot when it starts every day. Driving me
mad! Can't take gaviscon as it makes me feel sick so I've just settled with milk which is crap. I did hear sparkling water helps and I tried it, gave me relief for an hour and it came back! Might try it on a regular basis though as I now it only worked for an hour but it was better than nothing.

mine will start either 9am or 7pm :(
eek no Gaviscon for me either. and I LOVE sparkling water so I shall definitely try that!!
:D
thanks. hope your heartburn gets better X

try ginger biscuits, or something like that i found it makes a difference if i eat something little n often,

i had a 4d scan Saturday n the scan guy said it really is true (for me) that heartburn is a sign of a baby with a head of hair, you could even see it on the screen!!!

iv got asda's own chalky ones atm, there like refreshers and dont really taste THAT chalky, but nothing gets rid of it :-(

xxx

Well I had it chronic with my 2nd son and he had loads of golden hair and with my first I didn't and he had no hair.. So I think it is true lol

I get it every single day, most of the day. It makes me cry during the night :( I get Gaviscon mega big bottles on perscription and I get through 1 every 2 weeks. It helps for an hour or so then i need more. I'm hoping this hair thing is true, i'd like her to have a mop :D

xxxx

ooh we have ginger biscuits in the kitchen yay. haha
I would LOVE bub to have lots of hair! :D hope it's true for me
X

I am the same, I have gaviscon by the bed but really have to concentrate on not spewing it back up. It reminds me of cum. I hate it!

Ahah, I agree, Gaviscon reminds me of cum too, very wrong! I get acid reflux all the time before I was preggers so have proper tablets from dr, is it not worth asking dr for something if it's constant?

yikes, definitely won't be using Gaviscon I don't think ha
off to docs on Wednesday, will mention it :) X

I was about as far along as you are now with Button when I started getting heartburn. It was horrific! I couldn't lay down at night as it made it worse Tums didn't do a thing for me, I had to get the OB to prescribe me something.

I have gaviscon a 300ml bottle a week from docs as its sooooooooo expensive. I do buy the rennie chews tho they are pretty good and don't taste chalky. I have it all day every day its annoying me

I used to get it bad as night and just had a glass of ice cold milk as soon as it started an that always worked.

Hi, I'm still awaiting a BFP but for the last 3 mornings I have been being sick and today I have had the mist horrendous heartburn that lasted for about 5 hours .. and still is there a little now.

Did anyone get this when they suspected they mgiht be pregnant??

x

i get bloody acid reflux every single day too! i dont mind gaviscon that much to be honest, and im having a lot of it! lol. makes me a little constipated but really i cant sleep a lot because of the acid feeling in my throat! so horrid! xx

How soon into your pregnancy did you start feeling that way?

x

Oh yeah, the heartburn I get at night is brutal! The constant burping with the acid reflux! and the feeling of throwing up into the back of my throat.
Gaviscon, eh? I am def going to get some... Thanks!

Ive had heartburn EVERY single day from about 2 1/2 months! Its a horrible feeling and Gaviscon only works for a little while. Im deffo fed up with the constant burping too!!! I wonder how my man can still find me even remotely attractive with this huge belly and constant wind! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back