Heartburn and Hiccups!

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Oh the joys of pregnancy continue... just last week I started to experience Heartburn and I now also seem to be hiccuping all the time :shhh: !!!!

The heartburn is awful and always in the evenings but the hiccups come and go all day... not good when I am on the phone at work to clients :doh:

So what other gems can I expect during this final stage??? The second tri seemed so normal I know it was lulling me into a false sense of security.. so please guys let me know what lies ahead so I can prepare myself for the onslaught of unattractive symptoms!

xxx

I've got the heartburn Anna Marie, but I've not got the hiccups - LO has!!!!

He seems to get them about 6-10 times a day at the minute. They feel similar to a kick, but come in bursts and are very evenly spaced. They were great on holiday when my friends kids wanted to feel the baby move. I can more-or-less time them!!!

I've got the swollen feet and horrendous lower back pain. I hope you don't get these as they are awful.

I've just realised that you have said the second tri was normal. OMG - I'm still there!!! What can I expect in the third???!!!! :lol:

ive got really bad heartburn too anna marie... its awful and seems to be getting worse as the baby is getting bigger :?

ummm... well my second tri was great and i felt amazing!! not so great now though :( ive had an awful aching pain in my pelvis for about a week now... is slowly getting worse. i think its the babys weight though im not really too sure anymore :think: hes breech so its not his head engaging but it is one of the worst pains ever... feel like im walking like a clown lol also got lower back ache which isnt nice either!!

can never get comfortable at night time... takes me ages to get to sleep but i never sleep well :? constantly tired!! because hes breech his head is pushing up in my ribs which hurts bad... umm... oh and he loves to kick my bladder :? wakes me up doing it and i feel like im constantly going to the toilet lol

oh and im sooo hormonal lol one minute im fine and happy the next im crying for no reason!! i just get this sense of overwhelming sadness for no reason!! i can just sit sobbing my heart out 4 ages and then be fine a couple of minutes later!! v.v. strange lol

god wot a moan i just had lol i no it sounds bad but i actually feel fine in myself!! really excited about him coming... only 9 weeks left :D :D sorry if u feel worse about what is to come now lol everyone is different i suppose and you might not experience anything that i am!!

hayley xx

Oh Tankett.. you are back... nice to hear from you again.. you were missed!!

It really sounds as if everyone gets different symptoms at such different times.. for me second Tri was a dream past 18 weeks that is.. and apart from the concern over my LO and the lack of amniotic fluid I am feeling fine .. just the heartburn and hiccups starting.

Back ache and swollen feet not yet..Poor you!!! is your BP still high? My Doc always checks my feet and hands for swelling cos I am expected to have high BP due to my kidney condition but so far its been ok....

Glad to hear your LO is hiccuping with me!!!!!

Hayley sounds as if you are getting enough symptoms for all of us!!!! And they sound scarily like first Trimester symptoms.. YIKES!!!!
My LO is also breech so I am always needing the loo and so yes I have probs sleeping but to be honest I have been like that since early days of pregnancy..
What do you take for your heartburn??? people say milk is good ..?
Hormonal??? god yes.. all the time but don't think of it as a symptom anymore.. just the New ME :twisted: !!!!!!! OH is hoping the old ME :angel: will come back but who knows!!

xx

I've been getting heartburn since early in the second trimester but it's been getting more frequent as time goes on.

I take Gaviscon tablets when it's really bad. A glass of milk is supposed to be good for it. I also put a cushion between my pillows to elevate my head/neck which really helps.

Unfortuantely for me, I get it overnight but it's not all the time so I can't complain too much.

My LO isn't breech but I still need the loo all the time. It's so uncomfortable.

Only 14 working days left to go though before I can rest.

lol anna marie, bet it sounds like all i do is moan!! i actually dont feel bad... feel great in myself!! lol

ive never really got anything all the way through my pregnancy apart from morning sickness from about 8 weeks to 14 weeks!! my pregnancy has been great so far and i have been really enjoying it up until now, not enjoying it so much anymore!! lol

im taking rennies at the moment for my heartburn, they actually do the trick and make me feel alot better!! :D i do drink alot of milk aswell which is great cuz i love it :D oh and with the bladder thing, i get a wake up call between 4 and 6 everyday by him kicking me in the bladder! its quite cool, like a private alarm lol

yeh i call the 'hormonal me', the 'new me' aswell!! id like to think the old me will come back but it really doesnt seem like it right now :think:

god sounds like im moaning again!! oh well haha hope you're all ok :D

hayley xx

yeh i heard that too, but my mum doesnt agree, she had really bad heartburn with my older sister but she didnt get hair untill she was about 18 months old lol xx

lol well if this heartburn is anything to go by ill have a baby with a full head of hair lol xx

My moans are ALL the same as Hayley, I am sure we are having the same pregnancies hayley! haha

Heartburn - BAD

Bladder for a trampaline - lately i have nearly wet myself twice!! haha

Pelvis pain - Killing

Sleeping - not to bad, just get woken up early even on wkends :(

Mood swings - :twisted: 8) :) :( :cry: :twisted: :dance:

My mum had really bad heartburn with my sister and she came out looking like a monkey!!! haha and thats true!! i was shocked!! haha xxxx

LMAO keely, our pregnancies are really alike :think: ur a week and a day ahead of me so maybe its because we r so close together?? :think: its funny how alike they are haha

on a good note, my pelvis has felt better today :dance: lol it hurts if im walking around for too long but not as bad as before when it hurt everytime i moved!!

u finish work soon keely... bet ur excited :D :D

xxx

Quick message to Anna Marie and Tankett - how are you both!?? I cant believe how quick the time is flying - i remember you both getting your BFP!!!! Just wanted to say hello again, as have not spoken to either of you for ages!

Time is flying by now - before you know it you will be posting your birth story!!

L x

yer hayley i finish next friday!!! YIPEE

I have half day tomorrow due to midwife, off friday, then bank holiday monday and 4 days of work!!

It hurts sooooo much to walk today, i will be VERY shocked if she the midwife dont tell me his head is dropping!!!

I feel really stupid too, people must look at you wobbling along at snails pace and think, god she aint got a bump that big!! :( xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back