Healthy diet for breastfeeding...

lozzi

Reaction score
...my appetite STILL isnt back but im gonna force myslef to eat a regular healthy diet...

are there any fodos which are good for my milk supply...?

im sure someone said porridge? is this right? i dont have dairy products, so my porridge is with water.. is it the oats? or the milk that is good?

thanks in advance! xx

Its the oats that are good whatever you eat them with :wink:

i eat a bowl of porridge every morning
i drink more than i eat really.
Just make sure you have three good meals a day and a couple of snacks a day.

If you don't eat dairy you could always go for a bowl of granola (get mine from Tesco's) with some goats yogart ....hmmmmmm!!!

I'm not eating dairy because Leorah is intolerant and I have mine with rice milk :)

I eat porrige every morning, I have a tuna and lettuce sarny for lucnh ( or sum other filling) and always have a big dinner ie spag bowl, roast or something with veg and pasta.

I tend to snack on pears, bannanas and apples.

the main reason I eat like that, is so I can loose weight too and not risk lowering my supply :D

Is it right that you shouldnt eat nuts when b/feeding? I put pecans in my porridge this morning then realised! :roll:

I've heard Fenugreek is galactologue (sp?)

Would this be worth introducing into your diet in some way?

I am worried that I am not eating enough! Is it true that this can reduce your supply???

Logan is such a demanding fussy baby that I hardly have time to prepare a drink let alone food so I am managing porridge in the morning (the 3 min microwave type!) then nothing until 4 when hubby comes home ( sandwhich or cheese on toast) and then a proper meal about 8 ish sometimes we don't get the proper meal though as Logan gets colic and we go for walks etc to calm him down.

Writing this I am asking myself why don't we have the time... but it seems like we aren't very organised! :oops:

Could you or you OH make up some sandwiches on the evening so you've got a packed lunch in the fridge the next day? :?

I found this helped in the early weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back