oats

Bunnykins

Reaction score
I've been trying to increase my intake of porridge oats to help my breast milk and found the yummiest flapjack recipe so thought I'd share for all those bf Mums (& anyone else!) who are bored of porridge and plain flapjack, it is in the latest good food mag.

Melt 200g butter, 100g golden syrup, & 50g soft light brown sugar, mix in 300g oats, 2 grated carrots, zest 1 Orange, 100g chopped apricot, 1tsp cinnamon, & 50g pumpkin seeds, press into a tin cook 40,mins at 160/140/3

GORGEOUS!!!!

Oh sounds good thanks! Been making apple ones a lot so makes a change!

They are really nice, I add more cinnamon to make them more christmassy lol!!! The only prob is trying to grate 2 carrots whilst you have a clingy cluster feeder who won't be put down for more than 5 mins!! Think it took me an entire afternoon to make them lol!! Worth it though!!
I have a ginger bread house sat calling to me to eat it but as it took me 2 weeks to make I feel like I have to resist its charms for a bit longer and keep it on display!! Piping royal icing with one hand while bf'ing is quite a skill to master!!!

Doing things one handed is hard isn't it? Slowly mastering it! I really need to get presents wrapped, cant do that one handed, been doing the odd one here and there, I normally do loads together with a glass (read bottle) of wine and some chocolates meant for Christmas, so wrapping not so fun this year!

Thanks for recipe, i will defo try this week. Do you have a pic of your Gbread house?

yep I can do lots one handed now! but your right xmas just hasnt been the same without the baileys, sherry, gin & tonics and wine!!!! always next year ;-)

I've attached a couple of pics of my house (I did one for my Lo and one for his baby cousin, and they have their names and on the back it says 1st xmas!) very proud of them all things considering!!!

Attachments

• gb1.jpg
    gb1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 4
  • gb2.jpg
    gb2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 21
lol Sarah, love your ticker! Always meant to ask if 13 in your username meant anything.
Bunnykins, will definitely try the recipe,looks yum

lol Sarah, love your ticker! Always meant to ask if 13 in your username meant anything.
Bunnykins, will definitely try the recipe,looks yum

Thanks! I thought the shark teeth were appropriate since I seem to permanently have a greedy boy strapped to my boob! The 13 is just my lucky number and birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back