• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

He hates his Moses basket!!!!!

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi all
Happy mothers day :)

Well I've come to the conclusion that Samuel hates his Moses basket! He won't sleep in it longer than an hour. DH has been away since Thursday and fri night was hell he just wouldn't sleep. So last night I tried to settle him down in Moses and he slept from 10-11 then everytime I tried to put him in he was waking and crying!!! At 3am I put him in bed with me, and he only woke once for a feed until 8.30!!!!

I don't know if to buy a co sleeper crib or to persevere with the Moses. I don't want him sleeping in my bed for obvious safety reasons although it is shocking how much you don't move once you know they are there.
I've put my T-shirt in the Moses for my smell, I've tried swaddling and sometimes just blankets but it doesn't seem to make a diff x x

I find that harry likes to be at a slight angle when he sleeps (prob coz of the angle the cots are in hospital) and he doesnt like sleeping in his pram or in his travel cot so we propped up the crib and he now sleeps like an angel!! worth a go??
xxx

i tried everything and nothing worked. If you end up putting him with you, make sure there are no pillows and he isnt covered by a duvet but a blanket. Do try to tilt moses basket first and see if it works

sent from my Galaxy s2

I still co sleep with M now as she's a very sicky baby and gets ill a lot the days she's not she's in the own cot. You always know they're there and don't ever get into a really deep sleep aslong as you co sleep safely you should be fine I know a lot of parents that co sleep :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

How old is he?? I think all babies are obviously going to dislike going in their own beds compared to having mummy cuddles but I would persevere. Sophie was a complete pain at first and would wake up constantly if she was in her moses basket or crib but we persevered and when she started crying I would just pick her up till she settled and then put her back down again and repeated the process as many times as needed, (this was after I settled her first with a cuddle then put her in her own bed).

8 weeks on and she sleeps happily in her own crib and will even go down partly awake and settle herself. I did co sleep at first but I found it completely messed me up as I would wake up panicking not knowing where she was, whether she was in our bed or in her own crib and it meant I never settled properly myself and got even less sleep as I was always on red alert.

My lo hated hid Moses basket too so tried him at 4 weeks on his cot in our room and he loved it. He would rather be in his cot than in bed with me. Could be worth a try if possible for you.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Caleb hated his moses basket for weeks, the only place he would sleep was on me! I just persevered, swaddled him really tightly so he felt like he was being cuddled. He hated being swaddled but then got used to it and loved it. Eventually we gave him a dummy and it was the best thing we ever did! I'd put him in his basket with his dummy and every time he cried I'd put it back in his mouth, then he learned to self soothe in his basket. Now he loves sleeping on his own and sleeps worse in bed with me, although from 7am-9.30am he's allowed to sleep in with me because he wants to get up and I want to sleep, so the change of scenery makes him think he's got his way!!! xx

My lo hated hid Moses basket too so tried him at 4 weeks on his cot in our room and he loved it. He would rather be in his cot than in bed with me. Could be worth a try if possible for you.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Forgot to say, we did this too! Tried the monster in his cot and he loved it! He loves harder mattresses! But sadly we don't have enough room in our bedroom for his massive cot! He has a crib next to our bed now xx

I did co-sleeping for first 7 weeks then moved him into his moses basket. He wouldnt take it at first but by putting him in after a night feed he gradually got used to it and was fine by 8 weeks. I'm the one who really suffers, have to reach over and keep checking on him, so Im going to get a co sleeper cot, which is a good half way house as they have their own bed but are connected to yours

Chloe used to hate her Moses basket so our HV suggested rolling two towels up and placing them either side of her, no higher than her shoulders. It kind of wedges her in securely and she's slept fine ever since. Would it be worth a try for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back