he cant do it im a bad mum

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
wen i went to the HV last week it was a diffo one worse than the normal one :rotfl: and she asked how i was putting B to bed now and i sed put him in bed give him a bottle and i sit down behind his cot so he cant see me till he is asleep
she sed that i was doing it all wrong i should be having a beaker of milk in his room then wen his finished it lay down and go to sleep and i ve been trying it for the last week but he just cant do it :cry: :cry: wot am i going to do ??

some children need a bottle not a beaker as they see it as routine, a comfort thing 'right ive had my bottle now its sleep time' i wouldnt stop giving him a bottle if its helping to settle him... if Braydon was 4 years old then yes he shouldnt be having a bottle but hes not even 2 yet!

my HV told me the same about Arianna and she's just about 1 :shock: I wouldnt worry hun. I told the HV I would change it when I felt right about it.

Sarah ignore her all kids r different and if that works for braydon then thats what you do, as parents we find what works for our own kids and thats what we do, you r a fab mum and never doubt it :D

dont listen to her,
Dior is nearly 2 and a half has a bottle of milk to go to sleep. i give her a bottle of milk, and her dummy shut the door and she then drops of to sleep

do you know what i hate about hv's - they read a book and then think ALL babies have to do as it says in the book - tell your hv what i told mine - my baby hasn't read the book yet - lets be honest he is still only a baby for gods sake - if he wants a bottle give it to him dont make his/your life a misery over a blooming bottle - and remember - he wont want a bottle when he is 16 - he will change to a beaker when the time is right ps - dont think my hv likes me very much :cheer:

Sarah tell her to fuck off, my DS is 3 this month and satill has a bottle of milk to get off to sleep. Beakers are very messy and milk drips all over the place and that alone would irritate a LO.
Stick with the bottle, if hes happy with it dont take it off him.
My son uses a beaker during the day and a bottle at night.Big deal.Id tell her to stick it.
Bottles are comforting for children.

definitely Sarah, dont listen to the hv. They can only go by what the book says. My eldest two still had bottles at three and i still give liam a bottle for milk and he has a sports bottle for water.

xx

Lydia will only sleep if she has a bottle of milk aswell. She comfort sucks on it and it sends her to sleep.

If she stirs in the night she reaches for it again - usually she's finished it by this point though so then she wakes up and says "more milk" so I have to go down and get more milk for her (which is annoying but oh well).

yeah alana also has a bottle of milk when she goes to bed, i did at one stage make her drink the bottle downstairs before going to bed, but she didnt like it, so we went back to the normal way.

I asked my HV about it and she said as long as shes learning to use beaker and cups during the day its fine.

I have a question, why do you put up with health visitors? From what I have read a lot seem to think they know it all, and sometimes just put people down based on their opinions.

Can you refuse one? Because when baby #2 comes when we finally move back I might do that if I can, cos I managed here near enough with no help at all, just going to a paedtrician every few months.

This is something I always wondered.

Im gonna kick your jacksy for listening to the hv, they are always coming out with this sh$t they read from books.

Jess took a bottle up till Joe came then took her milk from a fifi sports bottle.

We always had it downstairs though but she still has a dummy.

Seren has a bottle before bed. She has a bath, then into jimjams then sits on the sofa having her bottle, teeth brushed and bed. Its her little ritual, it gets her sleepy and she knows if she has a bottle its bed time.She drinks out of a cup in the day so I personally don't see any harm. The only issue that I can see is that bottles cause liquids to pool round their teeth so there *could* be an increased risk of cavaties (milk contains sugar)

Dont worry hun,kids go at diffrent speeds,heck fred was on the bottle till he was three.He'll go with a beaker when he feels he wants to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back