Hayfever

Sproglett

Reaction score
hey, do any of you other ladies experience hay fever? mine has started already and apparently the pollen count is still only low, I know i cant take antihistamines, but is there anything I can do to ease my symptoms?

i know im gutted, i get really bad hayfever and live on my nasil spray normally.
but i dont think there is any we can use/take. :(

thats about right isnt it, make the pregnant ladies suffer lol, at least we're suffering for a worthy cause!

My BF did a bit of research for me, and she found out that if you have a teaspoon of local honey then it helps to deal with the hayfever, I get it quite bad.

It has to be local honey though as it's the immediate environment that affects you :)

Oh yes. Springtime = hayfever time :(. I heard the local honey thing too. Might give it a go. Living in the countryside is lovely but painful haha! xxx

I tried the honey thing, didn't work for me! Maybe I didn't eat enough of it?!

okay found this on a pregnancy website so maybe it could help xx
Eye drops containing antihistamines, such as Otrivine, are safe for you to use. If you haven't used antihistamine eye drops before, just use a small amount to start with, as some people are allergic to them.

You could try a drug called sodium cromoglicate. It is sold over the counter in the form of eye drops (Opticrom), or a nasal spray or drops (Rynacrom). These products have to be used several times a day to be effective. They do not contain steroids and are thought to be safe in pregnancy. However, there are no formal studies to confirm their safety, so use them carefully

thanks ladies, glad i asked the question hehe

I suffer really badly and told my midwife, and I have a prescription waiting for me for tablets at the doctors, so when I've collected them I'll let you know what they are

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm sure you can use a nasal spray, but have to have the doctor prescribe it!xx

im sure i heard piriton was ok, but would need to investigate further x

My nosebleeds have started today .. don't know how to cope ... :cry:

Will be asking at my booking appt

I've been quite fortunate, i have only had occasional blood when i've blown my nose, not had any nose bleeds. suprised you are still waiting for your booking app as your ticker sais 12 w +

Im so glad I found this! I think I have hayfever, and its driving me mad! x

I've been quite fortunate, i have only had occasional blood when i've blown my nose, not had any nose bleeds. suprised you are still waiting for your booking app as your ticker sais 12 w +

My booking appt is at the same time as scan at the hospital, as the midwives for that area don't work out of my GP surgery

My booking appt is at the same time as scan at the hospital, as the midwives for that area don't work out of my GP surgery

That explains it, well wont be long now hey, bet your really excited and really nervous, how are you doing with symptoms?

Was meant to update on here, my doc has prescribed me cetirizine hydrochloride, which is prob just piriton or something! But fx I don't suffer too much this year as I've been given no nasal spray or anything else! :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back