having my ear hoovered.....!

Danielle77

Reaction score
So....as some of you may know, I've been deaf in my left ear for nearly 2 weeks. (Hence my constant moans on here). I went to the docs this morning and lost it completely, saying I can't cope. I've been referred to the hospital and I'm having my ear hoovered on Friday morning! Apparently, this will hopefully work. Has anyone else had this procedure done?? I hope to god it works, its really getting me down. I can't go out of the house! X

I've never heard of having your ear hoovered?

Sounds good though!

I had my ears syringed when I was younger (i had an incident with a cotton bud and excess wax) and it was really good, I could hear all sorts afterwards!!

Hope it fixes your problem!

Apparently its a bit more severe than syringing. Its like a mini vacuum and sucks all of the rubbish out of your ear!! Fingers crossed hey! Then, maybe I can focus on my pregnancy again!! X

Hope you dont mind me butting into tri 3 talk,lol. Just wanted to offer you some reassurance. I've never had this procedure done but I have seen it done to others on many occasions and its great. It is amazing the amount of crap that comes out of there! No one I have seen getting it done found it at all painful, just a wee bit weird and uncomfortable at times and they all got really good benefit from it! Good luck!

Hopefully its not too uncomfortable, I've never heard of it before but here's hoping it helps you xx

Awwww thank you for the reassurance! I'm so bothered if it's painful - I just hope it works. I've had steroid drops and antibiotics - nothing has worked! I'm just panicking that if it doesn't work - what an it be?! Its so scary being deaf. :-( x

I've had it done and my biggest advice to u is make sure u use wax softening formula like earex get it in. It's makes procedure alot easier. I've had it done a couple of times not comfortable and quite noisy but brilliant relief. Xx

Thanks Belle23. Good to know someone else has had it doen and it worked. Were you totally deaf before they did it? I have no hearing left in my ear! They haven't told me to use drops as its very 'soft' already. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back