Having a crappy week am i being unreasonable

Positive37

Reaction score
Hate hate hate moaning and being negative but here goes.

I feel lilke in past week ive gone from loving being pregnant to a waddling miserable mess.
Since spd i feel like i am really struggling. I cant get out as much. I cant sleep well.and i feel massive.

Unsettled at house with decoraters mess.....

Lnite we had ante natal i was so conscious id be the only one waddling and low and behold i was. I was the 2nd biggest there too i knew i would be....everyone else looked spritly and smaller..although im all bump its bigggggggg

Was really good night and met some lovely peeps bf defo had his eyes opened he
Thought someone would tell us what to do in labour he and i didnt knowmu had to stay at home till your in established labour.both feel quite nieve.

Anyway i got home was fed up tired with awful back pain. Asked bf to massage back now he does this everynight along with foot massage etc so his been amazing, but lnite he couldnt find the spot on back that was hurting me and i was losing it a bit.
We then ended up arguing he said i need to cut him some slack as his trying to help.
But i said he needs to cut me slack im one going through the pyhsical and emotional part of it.
Is that being unreasonable. I mean surely i cant just be ratty and demanding and expect him to stay quiet?....

I still have 6 weeks to go and need to perk up.

Hate hate hate moaning and being negative but here goes.

I feel lilke in past week ive gone from loving being pregnant to a waddling miserable mess.
Since spd i feel like i am really struggling. I cant get out as much. I cant sleep well.and i feel massive.

Unsettled at house with decoraters mess.....

Lnite we had ante natal i was so conscious id be the only one waddling and low and behold i was. I was the 2nd biggest there too i knew i would be....everyone else looked spritly and smaller..although im all bump its bigggggggg

Was really good night and met some lovely peeps bf defo had his eyes opened he
Thought someone would tell us what to do in labour he and i didnt knowmu had to stay at home till your in established labour.both feel quite nieve.

Anyway i got home was fed up tired with awful back pain. Asked bf to massage back now he does this everynight along with foot massage etc so his been amazing, but lnite he couldnt find the spot on back that was hurting me and i was losing it a bit.
We then ended up arguing he said i need to cut him some slack as his trying to help.
But i said he needs to cut me slack im one going through the pyhsical and emotional part of it.
Is that being unreasonable. I mean surely i cant just be ratty and demanding and expect him to stay quiet?....

I still have 6 weeks to go and need to perk up.

Firstly, sorry for you the way for you are feeling.
I am so glad your not working now as that is one less worry.
As for your OH, bless him, he really is trying to help and im the same with my Scott.. I will say how im the one having to carry the extra weight etc but he has been amazing and we have hardly had any problems and im sure your boyfriend has been amazing too. In a way they will never experience what we do and can never relate fully to how you feel and the poor guys probably try to do all they possibly can to help and our hormones take it out on them when its not right. Just think. . The decorators will soon be done and the nursery will start to come together and your little one is 6 weeks away... it could be worse hun. Can you take up anything that doesnt involve moving too much? Online surveys or something to make a few extra £? Sometimes ill enter competitions when restless or bored or send off for freebies. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Aww hun you're not being unreasonable you're in a fair amount of pain and discomfort on a daily basis now, anyone would struggle to cope and be a bit ratty. Sounds like your oh has been lovely giving you massages every night but it will be taking its toll on him too esp if he's not able to make you feel better. He'll not like feeling useless so might be a bit huffy. Just assure him that you appreciate all he does and if you snap at him it's just cos you're in pain and he's the closest one to you.

Glad you enjoyed your antenatal class btw, I found mine ok but partners were not allowed which I thought was odd but it was so those girls without partners didn't feel left out? I said to the midwife I'm sorry but I'm not going thru this pregnancy alone, I have a husband and i think he could benefit from these classes (cos he's a typical clueless man). But no, we can't upset those girls who are doing it on their own. Sorry went off on tangent there lol.

Hope you feel better and the next 6 weeks aren't hellish for you hun. You can always rant to us xxxx

You can absolutely be unreasonable and expect him to stay quiet!!! I haven't suffered with SPD but know how horrendous it can be I struggle to sleep without it and let's face it men can be generally quite annoying!!

Sometimes we just need a little breakdown I wrote in the July mummies thread earlier about my 2 hour sobbing fit I had last night I feel better for it today just needed to let it all out!!

As for your bump and ante natal remember everyone will be at different stages at mine I felt huge then found out other than 2 of the ladies the others were about 6 weeks behind me! And aslong as moo is happy and healthy does it matter how big you are?

Xxxx

You absolutely have enough reason to moan! I would moan all day when being in so much pain and that on top of all other things.
Glad to hear you had a good night last night. Will be nice for you to talk to other pregnant ladies! xxx

Aww hun you're not being unreasonable you're in a fair amount of pain and discomfort on a daily basis now, anyone would struggle to cope and be a bit ratty. Sounds like your oh has been lovely giving you massages every night but it will be taking its toll on him too esp if he's not able to make you feel better. He'll not like feeling useless so might be a bit huffy. Just assure him that you appreciate all he does and if you snap at him it's just cos you're in pain and he's the closest one to you.

Glad you enjoyed your antenatal class btw, I found mine ok but partners were not allowed which I thought was odd but it was so those girls without partners didn't feel left out? I said to the midwife I'm sorry but I'm not going thru this pregnancy alone, I have a husband and i think he could benefit from these classes (cos he's a typical clueless man). But no, we can't upset those girls who are doing it on their own. Sorry went off on tangent there lol.

Hope you feel better and the next 6 weeks aren't hellish for you hun. You can always rant to us xxxx

That's crazy re your antenatal classes our classes said if you didn't have a partner to bring along your birth partner a freind or family member if you wanted as two ears is always better than one?!

Ladies..sorry I went quiet yesterday but thank u for replying really perked me up I know.i can always rely on a handful.of my fave ladies to say the right thing.thank u.
I actually had a.much better day in end.had another good cry yesterday morning but bf made nice breakfast and.was oedered to sit down. Ha id already done.2 loads of washing by time he got home from. Cycling.
Anyway we went for coffee and cake in village and stumble into a folk festival.the sun was out so we sat wnd chilled with coffee. I managed to walk slightly easier albeit slow yesterday.
Lnite had curry etc.
We did have few words lnite ae he was tired and I do need a massage on back ecery night as im in so much pain.

Tilly range read your thread so sorry u were upset too.where is your mum at minute? ? U feeling ok today?

KB ... I cant believe. Partners can't go my bf is getting so much out.of them. .....naughty if u ask me
Xx

Thanks hun, to cut a very long story short my grandad has secondary cancer and my grandma has alzeimahs and he is her sole carer. My grandad has managed to damage his kidneys as he hasn't been eating or drinking because he has been feeling sick so has been admitted to hospital so my mum has gone to care for my grandma (they live in South Wales we live in Leeds). I'm must admit I am feeling much better we also had a lovely day yesterday my main thing is guilt I know if I wasn't pregnant grandad would have asked for help sooner so he wouldn't have got this poorly and I also feel guilty because I want my mum back even though I know they need her more xxx

There is definitely a point in the third trimester where you start to waddle a lot more, moving around becomes a lot harder and you just feel really down about it. I think it was the part where my hands and feet became swollen on top of it all and I've never felt so unattractive! I was ratty with hubby yesterday. I was on a bus and the driver couldn't use a clutch properly, so it was jolting every few minutes which was really sore on my back. Hubby was trying his best to cheer me up and I was being a bit of a cow!!

Try to rest as much as possible. I'm going to try my best to enjoy these 5 weeks as I'm on maternity now.

Awwww hun, glad you're feeling better though positive. Just keep looking at your name! :) I got really down this week with my spd and upset tummy and generally feeling like a useless lump!! Trying to snap out if it as squiggle seems great in there and that's what counts. It is HARD being pregnant though! Harder than I expected!

Kaykay that is INSANE about your antenatal classes!! I'm shocked!! Utterly ridiculous! Surely you're expected to have a birth partner whether it's the father or not. Seems like PC-ness gone mad!

Tilly, sorry to hear about your grandparents. We lost my grandad in Jan and he was 96 but did the same and made himself ill looking after my grandma who has dementia and is wheelchair bound. She's now deteriorated a lot since he passed away as if her mind has given up. It's desperately sad! So I really sympathise. You've no need to feel bad. Im sure they're thrilled about your pregnancy :) I hope your mum is coping 'ok', my mum is disabled so she feels bad as can't do much to help. Aghhh families are such a worry.

Xx

Tilly so sorry about your grandparents.....its nit selfish to want your mum around.really hope things improve for them.please dont feel guilty hunny.

Joey ..defo gonna enjoy maternity my first week starts tomorrow and i am exhausted not moving.com

Umbongo sorry u struggling too its defo getting harder hun..xxxx

Thank you umbongo! Really sorry to hear about your grandparents. My mum is doing ok think the thing she is struggling with most is being so far away from her family as in husband and children she is coming back next weekend ready for the arrival though and her sister will have to step up and do her bit. As you said dementia is such a cruel disease you just see a shell of the person you used to know xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back