have i got everything....?!

chellieboo

Reaction score
Right....think I'm ready for my 4th month TTC.. this is what i have

1) the magic medicine
2) zinc for OH
3) OPK's
4) a willing OH and a comfy bed!
5) a cushion to raise my hips after BD to assist the swimmers...no idea if thats just a myth!
6) the weekend off around predicted ov time.

is there anything obvious that i'm missing..really going for it this month want a BFP for xmas!!! :pray:

also a bit of an embarrasing question now :oops: have read that most lubricant is not sperm friendly..does anyone know where we can get a sperm friendly variety from?

Thx.

Hi

Make sure you take folic acid its a must before ttc and during the first few months. I had to end my pregnancy as at my week 20 scan they found my baby to have spina bifida real bad...Taking folic acid reduces the chances of getting spina bifia by 75%!!!!

I was ttc for quite a while and then tried sticking my legs in the air and pretending to cycle ( as one does) A friend recommended it and I caught first time!!

Sarah

Should i be taking folic acid now then...I thought it would only matter once you had conceived so was planning to start taking it just before my expected ovulation date?? Stopped taking it when AF arrived again. I guess i'd better start again!

I'll try the cycling thing! :wink:

It is worth taking Folic acid all the time so the levels are high in your system if you do catch!

I have just bought some of those new durex lubricants and they say they do not contain any spermacide etc so they shlould be ok- they were 3for2 at Boots.

:hug: Just want to wish you good luck, and try some nice music...
I heard Doggy style increases the chances as well as the legs up and bicycle kick, but don't get up for at least an hour afterwards, elevate your bum...... Who knows if it's all rubbish but I am doing this just now and i think it's worht a try..
I haven't used any lubs. my OH has a job to do there too.... :rotfl: after all we need to enjoy ourselves aswell and making babies, But If I did i would defo look into the effects on the little swimmers...Fothers seems to know of some..... NOTE TO SELF (New Durex Lubs 3 for 2 Boots) :wink:
Enjoy and sticky baby dust to you Doll.. :hug: Lv Yvonne xx

hi Debs, just wanted to say good luck. Sounds like you're all prepared! Def keep on the folic acid, I'm still on it and they recommend u continue until at least 3 months after conception.
I might have to have a tetanus booster, which will put pay to any TTC for at least a month I think. Just realised that I've gone over 10 years since my last one! So no BFP for Christmas for me I think. Oh well, by that time, I'll have had 3 normal cycles and can start the clear blue trial. Hopefully that'll make things easier.
sending baby dust and will be keeping up with how it's going for you,
xxx

sendiing baby dust !

are you charting too ? as help me laods this month ?

Hi

You should take folic acid before and after conception. It as important before as it is after so please keep taking it if your ttc!!

Sarah
PS Good luck!

Relax!
I know - impossible to actually do, but I started pilates the month I got bfp (as well as a load of vitamins and magic medicine) and I'm sure it helped because I felt much more in control.

Good luck - baby dust all round!

There is pre-seed that is supposed to be for helping the sperm along and also used as a lubricant.

Thanks everyone..keep sending the babydust!!

Am back on the folic acid now, plus calcium cos I figure I probably don't get enough of that. Also started the magic medicine...word of advice: I ended up buying beechams veno menthol flavour as there wasn't any own brand in stock....it tastes disgusting!! :rotfl:

Flame: where can i get pre-seed from?

G3M: am charting on fertlity friend, this is my first proper month of charting as started half way through last month, so hopefully that'll help.

KJ: keep in touch even if you have to take a TTC break for a while, fingers crossed for you when you start again.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

just wanted to wish you luck this month!! :hug:

I am in the 2WW due to test middle of next week if AF doesnt arrive! :pray: :pray:

dont think it is my turn this month though :-(

cc

Fingers crossed for you...lets hope she stays away.

Just looked at your chart...looks ok so far!

Good luck :pray:

Hi Debs,

tried to get info on tetanus booster today but surgery said Dr will phone me sometime in the next few days.

Been doing a bit of reading (no surprise there!!) and looks like tetanus might be one of the injections it's ok to have whilst preg. So I might be able to continue TTC straight away, which would be cool. Might still be able to have a Christmas BFP!! Would be cool to be cycle buddies.

Anyone else know anything about tetanus boosters and TTC?

xxx

Hey KJ

I work in a microbiology lab so i'll see if I can find out more for you about tetanus jabs.

would be cool to cycle buddies, and dare I say it.....pregnancy buddies also!!
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back