Has anyone kept a diary?

Cixes

Reaction score
I know this baby is going to be my last and i have this funny feeling its a girl (but don't tell anyone cause i am telling everyone i think its a boy hehe) so i thought i would type up a diary of my pregnancy, birth and those early few weeks.
I started it a while back and have just done it month by month but have added bump pictures and scan pictures too.

I just think that if it is a little girl when she grows up and gets preggers herself i will give it to her and she can understand what i went through.

If its not a girl then i will keep it for myself to read back on when i am an OAP!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

kinda, i got fed up of reading baby books going on about 'you and your partner' cos im on my own, it made me feel awful, to the point where i stopped reading them, (i just ask on here for info :oops: ) so im kinda writing a book for single mummys but its not a pregnancy book as such (ie im not a medical professional) its more of a diary/info

just read that back and it makes NO sense, but i know what i mean :oops:

Thats a really good idea! well done you! I think that these people writing pregnancy guides forget that a baby is not always born unto a couple, i was a single parent with my first two and i felt fed up of partner this and partner that!

yep i mean i can understand why the put it in there 2 parents the 'norm/ ideal' etc etc but it made me feel, some how like me and my baby counted less if that makes sense?

and i dont ever want anyone else to feel like that

or all the books n stuff were for teenage mums, i was like NO im not a teenage single mum, im just single :wall: :wall:

Awwww Cixes, thats such a nice idea! They say mothers instinct is rarely wrong so if you think its a pink one then you are probably right! :wink:

I had all the good intentions of writing a diary but I got distracted and haven't got round to starting it. :)

My MiL is keeping one though, she's keeping a note of all the updates I give her and pulling it together with a scrapbook of the family history. Really sweet. :)

Ive kept a diary all the way through, I bought one and I write in it every week about how im feeling, exciting things that have happened, how I felt when we found out we were having a boy etc and how MW appointments/scans have gone. I love writing in it and Ill keep it so I can read back on it in the future :D

I started one but I've not exactly kept up with it very well. I think my last entry was about seven weeks ago :oops: Shall have to get a grip and fill in the blanks cos it is a lovely idea.

I'm definitely going to keep a written record of my birth story too. My mother-in-law did that and copied it into my hubby's birthday card a couple of years back. It was wonderful to read. It was the first time either of us had heard about it in full and it made us all tearful cos it was so obvious how much love she had for him. And still has :)

I kept a diary when I was pregnant with DD, and I'm doing the same now. I oftern look and see what I was like last time. I also have a memories box (or 5 :rotfl: ) I've got scan pictures in there, all the cards & balloons we got when she was born, the very 1st outfit she worn, her 1st painting, her 1st pair of shoes!! (i need a bigger loft!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back