Harry Potter?

i don't see what the big deal is with harry potter! :oops:
it's probably one of those books when you start reading them you just can't stop, and i'm one of those who never got into it in the first place. anything to do with witchcraft is a no no for me!!!! :shakehead:
enjoy your books everyone!!!

im going to get it today alfies asleep im waiting for him to wake up im even contemplating poking him to wake him up so we can GO GO GOOOOO!

My postie came (along with a big trolley - poor thing) about 11am this morning to deliver it from Amazon - I nearly snatched his hand off! I'm on about page 50 odds, I am loving it!

No spoilers anywhere on the forum please! I am keeping my eyes shut when I sign out of my email at the moment, in case they give anything away on the MSN or yahoo homepages (as they are wont to do when you are trying to save something to watch/read later!).

Love

Valentine xxx

Going to get ready to go to Tesco's to get a copy for my hubby. We get a staff discount there so that's the only reason I shop there. He's Harry Potter daft. I hope the que's are not too bad. There weren't many people queing at midnight when the last book came out in my local store. xxx

I FINISHED IT!

I went with my mum and boyfriend last night. The queue was enormous. So mum and I left poor boyfriend holding our space while we went to the Europa hotel for a cup of tea (which we got free, because it was like 12.30 at night and the barman took pity on us)

Then we came back, and we only had to wait another half an hour or so before we got it. They were letting us in in batches of ten, but they let us in with the batch in front of us, because I gave them the "pregnant and grumpy" look, i think :D :D

got home at 3, went to bed,woke up at 11, began reading, finished reading at about 4.

im i have read about 36 pages but alfie goes to bed soon woowoo (terrible mother counting the minutes till his bedtime,) im going to chill out in a steamy hot bath and read it, i bet i finish i by morning mum is having alfie in her room tonight and waking up with him in the morning im so excited i could pee myself!!!!!!

I went into the Tesco Extra garage this mornin before work for a newspaper and they had loads.... and no queue!

You all queued :shock:

wow i wasnt going to buy it until another day but i walked into john lewis earlier and picked up a copy no problem, no stupid queues and it cost a fiver,no catch at all.

Ha ha i feel like jam now

i paid £10.99 and i cant believe you paid a fiver!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I have had a waterstones reservation for a couple of weeks now- I paid £8

we couldn't get one :( its Georgias birthday today :cheer: :cheer: & she wanted to get one with her birthday money, went inton Asda, but they'd all sold out :(

try again tomorrow somewhere else :D

If anyone has a Costco near them they are sellin them for £4.99 and no vat :D

I can't believe you've finished it already Zebrastripes :shock: thats good going!!

Mine was a fiver too in ASDA :dance:

I'm halfway through - stuck between wanting to know the end of the story and wanting to savour the mystery forever!

Love

Valentine xxx

Emmylou said:
I can't believe you've finished it already Zebrastripes :shock: thats good going!!

I'm a fast reader. I hate it. :D

i got it for £7 in woolies after id bought some kitchen stuff, am halfway thru!! :D :D

zebrastripes said:
Emmylou said:

I'm a fast reader. I hate it. :D

I wish I could read fast, after making DH wait until 1.30am in a queue I haven't even finished the first chapter, but then I have been working all day......might go get a bath with Mr Potter....oooo-er I've gone and said it now! :oops:

Hehe, don't tell your husband
I hate being a fast reader because it means I'm nearly constantly out of reading material. And I feel weird unless I have a book on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back