• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Harriet Ilona 06/03/08 8lb

paradysso

Reaction score
Well.....

waters broke in the bath at about 8.30pm so rang the labour ward and they told me to wait until contractions start but warned me it could be 24 hours or more. So set about cleaning the house just incase but contractions started about 11pm so started to get things ready, went to try and sleep but the contractions were getting too strong by now.

Had a bath at about 2am and it made contractions alot stronger to rang labour ward and told them they were coming every 4 mins, so told me i could come in.

My mum drove us to hospital, and an hours drive down country bumpy roads whilst having contractions is not nice, and time i got there i was in agony and demanding pain relief :rotfl: so they gave me some gas and air it was about 4.30am by now.

They gave me an internal and said i was 3- 4cm and fully effaced, they hooked me up to monitor baby, and was worried at my heart rate was too quick, so was babies and my temp was rising so they gave me some antibiotics and fluids incase i had an infection brewing.

But with baby being back to back and them making me lie strapped to the monitor i was in agony, and demanded an epi, so the guy came to give me one but couldnt get it in properly so took it out and did it again further up my back, but again it failed, so tried one more time, and it failed again :evil: so he told me to lie on my side and he will try one last time, and it failed again :wall: so now i have a back full of bruises for nothing :cry:

well after all that they did another internal and they were shocked to tell me its too late now as im 10cm and ready to push. It freaked me out, i was in so much pain and i told them i wasnt going to push and that i wanted a section :rotfl: i was just too scared, i really didnt like the feeling of the baby coming out, it hurt so much. but after baby started crowning they said push again to get head out, but i dunno if i pushed too hard but she came flying out in the one push.

I had a student midwife deliver her and she was really good. i couldnt believe i actually managed a vbac on only gas and air, i felt myself tear when she did come out, but i was convinced it was going to be at least a 2nd degree tear from the amount of blood every where but when she told me i only grazed that area but had torn my labia :shock:

im so happy i didnt have a section and were going to try for a home birth for next baby :rotfl:

heres a few pics, will add some more soon, im so tired atm

xxxx

034.jpg

061.jpg

Well.....

waters broke in the bath at about 8.30pm so rang the labour ward and they told me to wait until contractions start but warned me it could be 24 hours or more. So set about cleaning the house just incase but contractions started about 11pm so started to get things ready, went to try and sleep but the contractions were getting too strong by now.

Had a bath at about 2am and it made contractions alot stronger to rang labour ward and told them they were coming every 4 mins, so told me i could come in.

My mum drove us to hospital, and an hours drive down country bumpy roads whilst having contractions is not nice, and time i got there i was in agony and demanding pain relief :rotfl: so they gave me some gas and air it was about 4.30am by now.

They gave me an internal and said i was 3- 4cm and fully effaced, they hooked me up to monitor baby, and was worried at my heart rate was too quick, so was babies and my temp was rising so they gave me some antibiotics and fluids incase i had an infection brewing.

But with baby being back to back and them making me lie strapped to the monitor i was in agony, and demanded an epi, so the guy came to give me one but couldnt get it in properly so took it out and did it again further up my back, but again it failed, so tried one more time, and it failed again :evil: so he told me to lie on my side and he will try one last time, and it failed again :wall: so now i have a back full of bruises for nothing :cry:

well after all that they did another internal and they were shocked to tell me its too late now as im 10cm and ready to push. It freaked me out, i was in so much pain and i told them i wasnt going to push and that i wanted a section :rotfl: i was just too scared, i really didnt like the feeling of the baby coming out, it hurt so much. but after baby started crowning they said push again to get head out, but i dunno if i pushed too hard but she came flying out in the one push.

I had a student midwife deliver her and she was really good. i couldnt believe i actually managed a vbac on only gas and air, i felt myself tear when she did come out, but i was convinced it was going to be at least a 2nd degree tear from the amount of blood every where but when she told me i only grazed that area but had torn my labia :shock:

im so happy i didnt have a section and were going to try for a home birth for next baby :rotfl:

heres a few pics, will add some more soon, im so tired atm

xxxx

034.jpg

061.jpg

Oh she's beautiful!

Congratulations!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

Oh she's beautiful!

Congratulations!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

Congratulations :cheer:
Two lovely girls and WOW you were quick with your birth story!

Congratulations :cheer:
Two lovely girls and WOW you were quick with your birth story!

Congratulations :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Harriet and Alana are beautiful :D
I can't believe how quick you posted your birth story :lol:

Congratulations :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Harriet and Alana are beautiful :D
I can't believe how quick you posted your birth story :lol:

Oh wow! She's gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Oh wow! She's gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Congrats.jpg

You must be a very proud mummy to them two little girlies.

Congrats.jpg

You must be a very proud mummy to them two little girlies.

Awww, look at her! She's lovely!!! :D Look at the proud big sister too!

Awww, look at her! She's lovely!!! :D Look at the proud big sister too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back