Hardest thing about BFing?

The pain in the first few weeks was awful, but it passes, and you might get it.

I love bf, and LO is now nearly 10 months and we're still going strong. I don't leak and never really have done so only used breast pads in the first week or 2. My supply has always been very good so I was lucky in that sense. I did used to give LO a couple of ounces of formula at night as I thought it would help him sleep longer (it didn't!) so I combi fed in that sense for a little while but have exclusively breast fed from around a month I think x

The pain in the first couple of weeks. Omfg. Latch was great but it hurt!!!! Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Yes the pain at first was bad but it did get better and went away. If you are prepared to grit your teeth, then you can do it!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Prob discomfort and cluster feeds for me. I've never had a cracked nipple but mine have been tender in the first weeks.
My attitude for the first few weeks is, Bollocks to everything ( within reason :lol:) I'm feeding my baby!
I think you have to be realistic, and you do spens the majority of your days in the early couple of weeks feeding, getting the hang of it etc. I see it as natures way of helping you to recover from your birth.

For me the hardest thing has been trying to be relaxed about not knowing how much milk they are getting and I'm constantly worrying about whether he is getting enough. They say as long as they are getting plenty of wet and dirty nappies and gaining weight then they are getting enough but I've got a fussy feeder that screams at my breast and only feeds for 5-10 mins max so that makes me worry constantly!

I could have written this myself! My LO is so fussy at the breast these days and only feeds for 5-10 mins. Like you, I worry every time he feeds!

Hardest thing for me is the night feeds, although LO goes back to sleep, the waking up is hard and now he is going through a growth spurt it's every 2 hours even at night! But, I have to say I'm glad I've stuck with it, I really want to till at least 6 months, it's easier then having to make a bottle etc. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back