Happy rant about furniture (feel free to avoid)

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
Have had such a fun day, we got our wooden changing unit (ebay, 30quid local pick up - bargain) yesterday and today we got up and went to Ikea where hubby said i could pick out the new furniture for the front room (usually of course money is shared but he has put this on his credit card... good man :D)

So we get to Ikea and my back was KILLING me, i dont know if anyone has been to Ikea in Southampton but its a four levelled, warehouse style jungle, absolutely massive...

Anyway Liam rented me a wheelchair, how fun was that! he had a friend who was disabled so is well used to pushing people around, i got to order out the directions and he just went with it :)

he said he preferred it because i didnt just bugger off randomly which i am prone to do in Ikea

So then we find this wicked shelving unit, but its a bit expensive and stuff... such is life with Ikea :roll:

AND HE LET ME GET IT, and we got two other bits too - bless him hes SUCH a love

Now hes in the garden with his shirt off, putting up the furniture and i have just stacked our changing unit with nappies of various shapes and sizes... it all just feels like its coming together now

The Health Visitor and Midwife want to come round next week and i have been really a bit stressed about the state of the house... there is sooo much to do, we have no carpet on the stairs, have been desperately in need of furniture and we need to have a big giant sort out of stuff, we have been doing it slowly but pregnancy hasnt been kind to me, my back is so sore most of the time that i generally dont move much... leaving Liam to work a full 40hr week, look after me AND do the bits of housework that are needed...

Now i feel we can get the house to a nice standard by the time they come round, the living room will be 'complete' and Oh i just feel proud of what we have done.

There is still loads to do, both short-term and long-term, my mum is coming in 5 weeks and she will help me with organising stuff and getting the final bits ready but we have come SO FAR from the student dive that we had going on here when we looked down at that pregnancy test and saw that we were unexpectedly expecting...

I am proud of the relationship i have and the things we make happen together - sometimes i want to KILL him but most of the time he is just so amazing for me

cant wait for the front room to be complete now - its SO EXCITING!

Thats a lovely little rant there BB! It sounds as if you are on track, don't worry about your carpet, Im sure bubs wont mind :lol: What nappies are you using? x

Nappies... i have a whole bunch of different wraps, some one size most small (to start with) Motherease, weenotions, little lamb and bambino mio
i have some lollypops and some little lamb fitted
loads of prefolds... like a silly amount!
i then have a couple of bumgenius flips (got buy one get one free a wee while ago)
and i also have about 8 close pop-in bamboo pocket nappies

So that should be enough to get going, they are all second hand/freebies from magazines and i imagine i will find a combination i really get on with and then add to that rather than going for a birth to potty and finding the child has a strange shaped bum (like his father) or something!

Have you decided on nappies yet or are you trying a load out like me? x

I have a selection of Tots Bots, Bambino Mio, Junior Joy prefolds, and might get a couple of WeeNotion ones perhaps - will see how I go with these first I think. I have got two drawers full of nappies so I have probably missed some out! :)

wee notions are the coolest nappies arent they? I dont know why anyone would go for 'sposies after seeing how cool they are!

Glad things are all coming together! Ebay and Ikea are my two favourite things on earth!! The Southampton one is a nightmare though isn't it?! Took us forever to get in there too with all the traffic down by the docks. But saying that I'd quite happily queue in it any day to get into Ikea for a few hours :rofl:

yes ebay and Ikea have done me proud this pregnancy! and Freecycle of course!

the only thing better than being pushed round Ikea was bossing Liam around about the placement of everything :) now that was ace fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back