happy (not yet) mothers day ladies

Kay Kay

Reaction score
Hi girls just stopping by to say hi. I'm finding the whole mothers day thing quite hard this year to be honest. Facebook doing my head in.

Going to a christening in a couple of hours which will be jam packed full of kids and babies and a few folk who know were ttc. So that will be fun :-(

I'm trying to think of the positives though - a) the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky and b) me, OH, mum and mil are going out for a nice Italian tonight for mums day so that will be nice. c) I'm so grateful for my fantastic mum, even if she drives me nuts sometimes lol. Love her to bits x

Have a lovely day girls and let's all pray by this time next year we'll all be celebrating being mummys :) Xxx

:dust:

Im so with you on Facebook Kay Kay to me its like a competition to whose been treated the most! Im finding it hard this year as I keep thinking this should have been my first Mothers Day if I had kept my little bean. Anyhow onwards and upwards!!

It is a beautiful day! I have a newly decorated living room to host my mothers day dinner in. Im going to have a great day me my hubby and my baby (dog). Hope your christening isnt too bad!

Last edited:
Hey ladies

I am fortunate enough that I do have a DS and so I feel ok about today, but just wanted to say that although I haven't been on this forum for long from what I have seen so far many of you will make fantastic mum's when its your time, those babies will be very lucky to have mums like you ladies

Xxx

Avoiding fb!! Try to enjoy your day Kay Kay- hopefully everyones babies will be really naughty and irritating and everyone will be jealous of your freedom! Xxxx

Hugs Kay Kay face book is a bit in your face today. Keep positive this time next year me and you could be looking at mothers day cards :) in the meantime enjoy the sun your week off and look forward to your holiday, and have a glass of wine today. Hugs Gizmo xxx

thanks ladies. it wasn't too bad actually. i did sense a few sympathetic looks from my friend's friends as i'm the only one without kids (literally). cringe :eh:

but i did enjoy seeing how happy my friend and her husband were today, such proud parents. they struggled for 3 years to conceive their LO so this christening's been a long time coming.

just gonna focus on decorating now and enjoy my week off work, ahhh bliss! xxx

Hi Kay Kay

Completely agree on the Facebook thing - mother's day was everywhere! We stayed in and did lots of nothing - it was great. FIL was in a mood with us for not taking MIL our for day even though we took her out Fri, he didn't even consider that we might not want to be out watching mums and their kids when we can't have any of our own. Tut tut. Anyway, at least u had a good day after all. OOooo enjoy your week off!!! x x x x x x x x

I was much better this yr x thankfully was soooo upset last yr x

I think I've come to terms I may never have children and enjoyed spoiling my mum and sister x
Sister is 38wks so I spent alot of time helping her with things as her lil 1 is 4 so I had to do the running around instead lol :)

I'm a little late on this one as was partying on a hen do in Bristol this weekend but I totally agree about facebook, it was hard going on Sunday. To be honest I find it difficult a lot of the time anyway with all the constant baby talk on there. Glad you ladies had a nice day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back