• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Handwashing Cloth Diapers

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I just ordered some off ebay, but im not going to be able to put them in the washing machine :)roll:family thinks its ick) so can any of you gimme tips on handwashing them? Thanks :)

Oh btw im going to dry pail, so will i need to soak them before washing them?

Umm....how is it ick? I wash my nappies in one load by themselves and everything is always left clean! If you use disposable liners then there's hardly ever any poo on the actual nappy :)

Have never handwashed mine but would recommend giving them a soak with something antibacterial before washing them just to make sure they'e extra clean. Maybe soak with boiling water from kettle so they get a nice hot temperature too? Make you you rinse them really well too - I'm crap at rinsing stuff properly when I hand wash!

I know! I dont care about them going in the washer, and yeah theyd be on their own anyway! But ohwell, I can handwash.

What disposable liners do you use? Thats what I was thinking, then theres no actual poop, just pee and stains! Lol

Soaking them.. Do you mean like dettol or something?

I'd use the laundrette for the nappies, its only one load a week :)

definitely use Napisan, you can buy it from Waitrose and Tesco, its fantastic, keeps em absorbant AND kills bacteria

definitely use a liner, we use Boots own brand liners because they are a tad wider than other liners we have tried (and therefore much easier to use x)

Thanks becky!

Dragonfly- Theres no laundrette anywher near me, also i am only getting 12 so will be more often than once a week! Im planning to wash em in the morning and let them dry out in the sun all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back