• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Handpirnts?!

twinkle84

Reaction score
I was just thinking about giving babies grandparents a clay footprint or handprint for xmas. I know mothercare does them but they are quit expensive just for one! Does anyone know where I can get a set of them from? Also wanted to do some hand and footprints for my baby book before he gets bigger. What paint can I use? Sorry if I sound a bit dumb! Thanks for any help! xx

No idea on the handprint thing. There are some nice 3d ones on the net though but theyre expensive like you say. Apparently wilkos do a cheap one.

I did Paiges handprints on a canvas and wrote her name on it and got some flower and butterfly stickers to put around the edge which looked nice. I used a poster paint as theyre usually non toxic. Deffinatly do it while theyre younger as Paige just kept her hand closed and I had to pry it open!

Thanks for that hun, i'll try wilkos and where did you get the poster paint from x

argos does the clay thing, it comes with a frame tho x

I got it from a shop called The Range, not sure if theres many of them around though. But I bet wilkos have got them! Or if your near an early learning center. Oh or maybe asda? Anywhere that sells kids crafts things. :)

I do live near a range! So I will look there. Thanks everyone! x

u cud also frame a poster with photo on one side and hand and foot print on other from poster paint ... i paid £50 for hand and foot clay frame and its rubbish lol xx

Ahh nice idea Lisa, im going to get to it. Just wanted the grandparents to have something nice this xmas x

be nice if u had a pic of parents with bambino too?? :) xx

yeah grandparents get so chuffed bout all that stuff, im thinkin i might do the same now lmao! if ur feeling adventurous which i think i am - a collage?? xx

I got a clay thing from home and bargain for about a fiver, I haven't done it yet though, it's a photo frame on one side and a clay thing on the other x

i think they are about £13 at the Range, my mums got us one for xmas :)

xxx

I bought some black paint from the ELC - still haven't got round to doing it yet!

I'm going to buy a 3D casting kit - you can pick them up for about £30-£50. I'm just scared of cocking it up! lol! Most give you enough bits to do a few casts in case one goes wrong. x

Zazu - think i'll be going to home bargins then. Thanks for all the help and advice again and happy casting, claying, collaging, printing haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back