Hair highlights

ickleprawn

Reaction score
Any advice on getting my highlights redone - as usual have found lots of conflicting advice on the internet. Hope you are all well and Happy New Year! xxx

Dying hair is safe. highlights particularly so as the dye doesnt contact the skin. The only thing that may happen is that colours might not come out as you'd expect due to the hormonal changes.

Yes, I was also told its absolutely fine for highlights. And whilst pregnant last time I carried on having mine done, and there was no colour difference whatsoever.

Get your hair done girl!

I have to say, I've continued to have my hair coloured the last 2 times and the only thing I noticed was my head tingles when it's been on a while and I cant wait to rinse it off!

yes should be fine im a hairdresser and i have never had probs doing people foils as they dont have skin contact even permanant dyes that touch the skin dont make a difference its old wifes tales if you dont want permant you could use a quasi but foild bleach will be fine :) the only dif it can make is if your using dye and the hair that had grown out wharle pregnant can take the dye differentally but only in rare cases and it will become patchy never known it with foils tho with bleach only had a few cases of patchy with colour and i just put some extra foils with permant dye it to even it out and the woman was like overdue by a week lol so she had lots of grown out hair lol!!! hope this helps x x x x

Wohoooo!!! Thanks for that - will make an appointment next week. Had read lots of things saying that you shouldn't have it done at all and some saying you shouldn't have it done in the first 12 weeks.:thumbup:

people only say about the first 12 weeks because you are less likely to misscarry after 12 weeks but i have bleached a full head of hair and thats standing above the ammonia when i was less than 12 weeks before so i got all the fumes and i was alright if your worried just chat to your hairdresser and if she feels uncomfortable she will let you know but personally i wouldnt be hope you get your hair done nice :) x x

I had highlights done in the first 12 weeks as I didn't know I was preg! But hated it so dyed it back, I also found my head tingled more than usual

hey i am a hairdresser and i have found in some cases that blondes somethings go brassy or in a worst case ginger lol!! my sis in law is pg and her highlights went ginger but nothing that a toner cant sort out.
i have never found a problem with dyig=ng hair brown and have fun nothing like a trip to hairdressers to make yourself feel better!! xxx

woohoo so stuff like nice and easy is fine yeah? x

woohoo so stuff like nice and easy is fine yeah? x

It's up to you on whether you feel comfortable with using it, most advice out there says to avoid hair dye with ammonia in, particularly for the first 12 weeks. Nice n Easy has ammonia in it still, others like Garnier Nutrisse and the creamy loreal one don't have ammonia in though I don't think so for me I would use one of those instead.

I haven't dyed my hair at all since pregnant, but that's only because the smell would definitely make me sick. I'm getting it done in a couple of weeks though before baby comes because it looks awful! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back