Hair falling out!

tania

Reaction score
Hi all

Did any of you find you lost loads of hair after having a baby, and if so did you find anything that helped stop it?

Since Maia was 4 1/2 months old (shes now 6 months) my hair has been falling out in handfuls. The plug is full every time I wash it and me and the carpet are covered when I dry or straighten it. Even when I'm not doing anything with it I still end up covered in hair.

I think its getting noticeable when my hair is up - the sides are looking a bit thin. Argh receding hairline!! :) I know this can be normal after having a baby, but since its getting really bad just wondered if there was anything I could do to help it?

T x

me too, mines been super dry aswell where i norm have fine greasy typ hair xx

Mine came out in handfuls, it was very worrying but all back to normal now :)

Xx

Mine's finally coming back to normal! But where it fell out round the front I now have an inch long fringe where it's growing back, it's awful!

Yip mine did that too, I even have this wee silly baby fringe that looks terrible :eh:

Yep, my hair came out in chunks. Have a bald patch, but luckily you can't see it coz of my fringe. But I now have some new hair coming through in a few places.

I spoke to a trained tricioligiost (not sure of spelling or if right name for it lol), at my hairdressers and he works with people who lose hair during in chemo etc and he said to me wash it every day because it keeps the follicles clean, esp if you get greasy hair quickly which I do.

Today is first day I haven't washed it for over 2 weeks just to get a few natural oils through.

My hair is still not getting back to normal, but I guess because I'm still BFing and my hormones are still all over the place. It's not falling out as much now, I'd say probably almost back to the regular hair loss you should experience daily now.

I was recommened in Holland & Barrett to take agnus castus as it will rebalance hormones (she said was safe to use during BFing), but unfortunately it didn't work for me, but it might for you?

xxxxxx

hiya,

I havent experienced this yet but i was told by my hairdresser at about 36 weeks to expect my hair to fall out after birth.

Apparently your hair usually grows in 3 cycles but during pregnancy it misses one or something due to the hormones which somehow makes it thicker. when you've had the baby the third cycle comes back and thats when you start to shed the extra hair.

I think thats what she said... there or there abouts... something about missing a cycle anyway!

sorry not very specific lol!

xxx

Fingers crossed it stops soon - a receding hairline is not a good look! May well be something to do with hormones cos my skin has started breaking out too - ooh, spotty and bald, my husband is a lucky man to have me!! :0)

hahaa! i love the sarcasm! made me smile... I'm sure he does still think he is a lucky man :)

My hair has started to fall out more. Its such a pain having to pick up hair from everywhere. xx

3 Years after giving birth to my LO my hair is still falling out. It started about 4 months after she was born in handfuls like ur and tbh didnt get much better for ages. I went to the doctor and he told me to only wash it twice a week! I couldnt do that so i couldnt tell u if that would of worked or not.
My hair doesnt fall out in as big of clumps now but it still comes out when i brush it, more than i would expect it to.
I know this sound stupid but sometimes changing ur shampoo every 12weeks can also make ur hair seem and feel fuller :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back