• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair Dye?

LittleL

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before and im sure it has but i cant find the answer to it and when i do a search on the internet, i keep getting mixed answers!

Is it safe to dye your hair whilst pregnant??

Im talking about the all over colour, shop brought hair dyes?
I usually buy a dark black colour or the wella vivid colours - both of which i know has proxcide in them and there is very little chance of being able to avoid the scalp with these. Will it do any harm to baby??

Thanks
Laura x

Hiya...it's completely fine to dye ur hair whilst pg. Just make sure u do the skin sensitivity test b4 u colour cos pregnancy can make u more sensitive to the dye xx

i bleached n dyed mine 5 times in a week to go from red to blonde no probs but def do skin test

Ive found whoever you ask will tell you different answers. My doctor told me its a definate no-no but another doctor told me i could?? I think its just got to be a personal decision.

It is personal, but any hairdresser will dye your hair during pregnancy, and some will not be keen to bleach it.

I have to do my roots every three weeks, and as the natural colour is white, i could not think about not doing it. no problems with first pregnancy and none with this one. but as the others have said, the dye takes differently to your hair in pregnancy, so do a strand test and skin sensitivity test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back