Had tour of maternity unit tonight

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
It was great, only me and OH turned up so we had our own private tour!!! Midwife was adorable, she really reassured me..

The highlight was one of the low risk labour room there is a HUGE glitterball in there, with a red/green light shining on it so the room is dark but full of lovely coloured dots!!! And a birth ball, and a rocking chair, and also a bath which can be used during labour, just not for the birth..I really wanted a water birth but they dont do them bu th thought of just being able to labour in a bath has made me feel so much better!!

I am praying I am low risk when I get there,and that room is empty, or I am going to throw a strop in the corridor :twisted: :rotfl:

ah zoe that sounds a lovely hospital! :)
pleased your happy with it!
I love the hospital im going to give birth in its really cosey!
all the wards have special names like jasmin, honeysuckle and im on blueberry!! :cheer:
its getting so close now!! :hug:

Sounds great Zoe! :cheer:

I've still not had a tour of my hospital :think:

Your hozzie sounds so luxurious babe, fit for a diva! :D

Its not really Jades, but I am easily pleased, and it was just so girlie and funky in there....the midwife is lovely, and she knows me from Parentcraft classes, she said before we opened the door "You ae going to LOVE this room Zoe"...and she was right!!! I had tears in my eyes, I was sooo excited!!!

She is the midwife who told me I could labour on a matress on the floor, and bring music, and she is soooo fab that I am praying I get her with our delivery.

As long as everything goes smoothly, and I keep strong and positive, I could have the birth I am dreaming of in my little disco palace and bathtub!!!! :rotfl: :pray:

You'll be more strong than you could ever imagine Zoe, i'm sure of it! :hug: You and Jade!

zoe c said:
Its not really Jades, but I am easily pleased, and it was just so girlie and funky in there....the midwife is lovely, and she knows me from Parentcraft classes, she said before we opened the door "You ae going to LOVE this room Zoe"...and she was right!!! I had tears in my eyes, I was sooo excited!!!

She is the midwife who told me I could labour on a matress on the floor, and bring music, and she is soooo fab that I am praying I get her with our delivery.

As long as everything goes smoothly, and I keep strong and positive, I could have the birth I am dreaming of in my little disco palace and bathtub!!!! :rotfl: :pray:

Sounds amazin! Im glad your feeling better about the whole thing and fingers crossed your MW is on shift :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back