Had my scan all ok - put me back 5 days!

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
Hi

Went really well, but as i was sure of days, baby was measuring 5 days smaller than it should. So i have to go back in 2 weeks for another one to 'officially' date the pregnancy. I mean i could have ov'd later then normal? Im not that worried though everything really great with baby and fab odds for downs etc.. so big relief and i guess im pleased i get to have another look at my baby.

So Im only 11+4 according to them atm, i think i will leave my ticker, and lurk in 1st tri til next scan to make sure!

Just seen about babyblonde scan too - thats brill! She must be soooo happy!

yay thats great news!

Try not to worry about being put back 5days.

It might just be that the sperm took longer to reach the egg than you thought, along with ovulating a day or two later than you thought, and maybe took a little longer to implant. I'm sure everything will be fine AND you get to see your baby again in 2 weeks time :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yay for all being well! five days is nothing, it's a really imprecise science this dating malarkey, babies grow at different rates from each other and have little spurts along the way, TBH your dates are probably still right and it's just that you don't have an "average" baby (who does?!). I'd wait till the next scan to change your ticker.

thank you for the reassuring posts, i wasnt worried until my mum rang me and said you arnt worrying are you, and i was like about what (my little buy isnt well either) and she was like cos the baby is really small!

Mums :roll: Im not normally a worrier so i'll be ok! It just took the slightest shine off a happy day as they were really questioning me about dates and said it is protocol bla blah if you are below the 5th percentage..

But i am looking forward to seeing bubs again and getting better pics, they were rubbish so i havnt put them on and i told my boss about an hour ago and she did a very good impression of being pleased!!

aww congrats honey! good luck with the follow-up scan :hug: xx

That I am :D

At least you get to see your little baby again in 2 weeks! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111