Had a scare, what are these pains?

Daffodil

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had a bit of a scare because yesterday about lunchtime I started with pains that felt a lot like period pains.... they continued for hours so I phoned the midwife. I am not bleeding so she recommended a scan this morning to have a look.... anyway things are OK ....PHEW! The baby is fine and we loved seeing him/her again but....

What are the pains? They are like aching dragging pains that feel very similar to period pains, in my lower abdomen and lower back. They are mild I would say but nevertheless they are there.

My bowels have been bunged up...not sure if its that...

I have had the stretching type pains (sharp ones) but these are different.

Anyone got any ideas?

BTW we saw baby's fingers and hands...and he/she was scratching at her face.... it was lovely.

Dawn

I'm still only 8 weeks PG but I've had mild period pains since I found out.

The only reason I'm relaxed about it is becuse I have a close firend who's just had a beautiful baby girl who said that she had period pains all the way through her pregnancy

Your pains sound like my ones. I was very constipated until about 15 weeks and it used to be agony on occasion. Most of the time I simply felt bloated and uncomfortable with that ache lower down as it was all just stuck there :wall: And with LO growing and starting to take up more room it just added to it.

Lactulose and plenty of fibre in your diet, Weetabix for breakfast and the odd portion of baked beans should sort the constipation out. Keep eating the fibre otherwise you'll get bunged up again. Also drink plenty of water as it helps flush things though.

I had period pains all the way through my pregnancy and I now have a beautiful baby girl, as long as they are not severe & your not bleeding im sure its nothing to worry about and will just be down to your body changing.

:hug: :hug:

aww, glad babies ok :hug:

i had pains that felt exactly like period pains, so as i wasnt ttc when i got pg i was so convinced af was aroung the corner i didnt test until i was over 2 weeks late! these pains continued throughout first tri, and worried me i thought they spelt doom and gloom- but i researched and they are normal- and certainly in my case were not doom and gloom :)

they did ease off maybe around 14/15 weeks. hope u feel better soon x

Hi,

I had pains like that at points with all three of my pregnancies; especially earlier on when everything is stretching and squashing up!!! As someone else suggested, wind/ constipation can also be a culprit.

Glad everything is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back