• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had a bad day today :( (please dont read if easily upset)

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
as most of u know i work with my mum at a nursing home for young chronic disabled people (my mum is my boss and the manager) i am a domestic/ carer there!!
well this mornin at 7.30AM the fone rang and it was work to speak to mum and to tell her one of the residents had died he was only 44 and suffered from very serious Multible msclerosis, we new it was coming as he had been quite ill for a few months .
the worse thing is his mum and dad are loverly visited him twice a week and have Paid for 52 people (staff) to go to romford dogs with a 3 course meal for thanks for loking after there son
they burried there daughter 5 yrs ago from cancer and now they have to bury the only other child no one expects to bury one child let alone to :(:(
today has just been so hard iv only ever dealt with death properly once before and that was my nan and i wasnt really there i was at home not dealing with it all today i actually saw him and also see the funeral directors taking him away :(:(

i wish i knew i didnt have to go thro today again but know some time in my job especially it will happen again

oh hun im so sorry it must be so sad burying 2 of your children before you, sending them lots of :hug: :hug: and to you to sarah :hug: :hug: i couldnt imagine how you are feeling as well.
Death is not a nice thing for anyone to experience and im sorry that you are in a job that will have it happen from time to time but from your post you understand that and you are handling it well better than i could have i couldnt do what you do. sorry if none of this makes sense at all, am thinking of you and his family :hug: xx

thats really awful news but you should feel good that you were there to help him and his parents are so happy at the way you all did they are paying for a day out for you :hug:

aawww thats so sad babes.
my cousin has ms as well

hope the family get through this

xxx

Sarah its quite natural that you feel sadness and any carer worth their salt would. Its one of those things that yes gets easier with time and experience but still can sadden you. I'm sure his parents would be touched that their son has touched peoples lives :hug:

So sorry to hear you've has an upsetting day today Sarah, I just wanted to extend a hug to you :hug: , and his family :hug:

Hi Sarah,

I really feel for you as it is an awful thing to experience. My mum had Multiple Scerlosis in its most aggressive form & she passed away in April this year. She was 52. Although I will never understand why she had to suffer the way she did & why she was taken from us, all our family, including her mother are glad her suffering is over. We know she is in a place where she can live as she used to before she was struck with this awful disease.

Sorry to go on, i don't talk about it very often but I probably should. :cry:

I guess what I am trying to say is that although it is a dark time for his family, in time they will come to see that he is at peace now and does not have to suffer day in day out any more.

I hope this is of some use to you & i'm sorry to witter on but PM me if you need to talk,

Take care hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww ((((((((((((((((((Sarah)))))))))))))))

I guess in a way the positive from this is that you were obviously able to improve this man's life so much before he died - his father wouldn't have been that generous unless it was heartfelt, and playing that part in someone's life is a fantastic thing to have done. It is awful seeing people die, but it does make you appreciate us all so much more whilest we're still here. A close friend of mine died from muscular dystrophy aged 36 a couple of years back, - one of the reasons why she died so young was that she had signed a living will to avoid too much medical intervention. Getting what she wanted, and getting the support to live her life she wanted too was the most empowering statement of support possible, so well done you and your family for being there. Well done also because you will continue to be there, listening to people and supporting them! Make sure you get enough support for you too :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back