Gym and First Tri

lizsamuel80

Reaction score
Well I joined the gym on Friday to help kill time while TTC because the TWWs were killing me. I found I am pregnant on Sunday. There is so much confusing, contradicting information on the internet. I have been exercising and I can do Aerobics and play netball for an hour not a problem but it has not been regular thing for about 9 months. So I'm not as fit as back then. But since I got my bfp I have stayed on the bikes, treadmills and cross-trainer making sure my heart beat stays under 140bpm. Body balance (cross between yoga, palates and Thai chi) is on tomorrow so I will be doing that. I want to Pump but I'm thinking body combat and Sh'bam (aerobics/hip hop dancing) are out. I was also thinking of Aqua but the pool at the gym is heated to 27C so I'm worried about getting too hot (thank you google for that little freak out).

I find that after I've been to the gym the nausea I've been feeling for the past 6days is better and I'm wide awake until about 6pm I was in bed at 7pm on Sat.

What would you guys do in my situation any advice would be great.

Also I will be going to see my Doc on Thursday and asking him but he's very you can do anything you want really except the toxins (eg. alcohol). I'm just a little freaked out because of recent MCs.

The doctor told me yesterday as I play badminton that I need to be careful especially in tri 1. she told me not to start and other excerise and dont do any more than u usually would. I havd only been playing badminton for about 2weeks before I fell pregnant so I have stoppes that it was a new thing but walking I still do as I did it every day before being pregnant.
I do know lots of people who do go to the gym and do loads of excerise but I was told to becareful about how much I do xx

Hey! congrats :) I saw my GP today. I surf a lot and go spinning, and voiced my concerns and she said to carry on exercising but use common sense. She said i was fine to surf and spin if i wanted too, but i personally think they are too dangerous. As long as you are sensible I guess there will be no harm. X

Yeah I spoke to my doc today and he said the only problem is over heating. He said just to make sure that I'm comfortable and to not go to hard too fast. If I feel uncomfortable stop straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back