Gwent Maternity Services - Any experiences please

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has experience of the Maternity Services in the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport or the Maternity Services in Nevill Hall Hospital in Abergavenney. I have to make a choice for my birth by the end of the week as I will be under a consultant for my pregnancy (due to past C-section) and my MW has said they will want to do all scans from the start. These two hospitals then are my main choices. The hospital nearest to me is actually Gloucester Royal but after my terrible experience of the after care I had with Rosie I am not going within 20 miles of the place. Newport is the closer of the two and has a brand new up to the minute delivery suite so I am tempted but my SIL who is a midwife at Nevill Hall told me it is extremely busy there. I don't know what to do really so am hoping that someone has some info that might help me to decide. I think I have already settled on the Royal Gwent but any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading :)

Not sure, sorry hun, I have just started researching hospitals in the area, Im having my scan at Uni Hospital Wales, but Ive read really bad press about them. We are moving before I give birth and then my nearest hospital will be the royal glamorgan, its quite a treck from Newport area, but I've heard very good things and a lot of people out of the area choose to use them. They onle have consultant led service, but Uni hops Wales has both, so Im a bit torn! Have you used google? Ive been trying it and coming across some forum threads about peoples experiences.

Its so difficult to make a choice isnt it! Im really scarred of having a bad experience and being left alone.

No sorry hun, its probably best to ask some local peoples. Hows things with you and your bean?

No sorry hun, its probably best to ask some local peoples. Hows things with you and your bean?

Thanks, I don't live in Wales or anywhere near the hospitals so I cant ask around thats why I thought there might be some Welsh ladies who could help out.

Im ok, feel like my uterus is pushing up and out! The nausea has virtually gone but tiredness and hormones are making up for that. Otherwise feeling fine, thanks for asking! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back