• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gutted- *update* Yay got there in the end :O)

Urchin

Reaction score
It's the last day of half term today, and the weather is a bit grey and miserable so I decided to take the boys up to Birmingham Airport to have a picnic in the observation room. :)
Originally we were going to go on the train but there is work being done on the line so I decided to drive. There is a monorail there so that was gonna be our train anyway :lol:

I did the sandwiches and loaded the kids into the car, drove 200 yards down the road to realise we had a flat tyre :( Mason is proper gutted :(
OH is going to try and make it back in a couple of hours so we might be able to go this afternoon but what a bummer :(

Now I'm stuck in doing housework :(

Hey what a good day out that sounds! Bet the boys love it!
I once went to my nearest, East Midlands, hoping to be able to show the children some planes but there was nowhere I was allowed to go without being a passenger!
Had to drive an hour back home, so atleast you only had 200 yards :)

I would have considered trying to put the spare on but OH says our wheels are a right pain to get on and off and it takes ages.

Stupid really, it's not even like we were going on a big day out or anything but Mason was REALLY excited about it.

aw bless!!!

When mine were little and if we had to cancel a day out for whatever reason, I used to "pitch" a tent in the front room (minus pegs of course lol) and we'd cook lunch on a camping stove.....they loved it :rotfl:

Hope you can get on your picnic :hug:

HappyAlice said:
Hey what a good day out that sounds! Bet the boys love it!
I once went to my nearest, East Midlands, hoping to be able to show the children some planes but there was nowhere I was allowed to go without being a passenger!
Had to drive an hour back home, so atleast you only had 200 yards :)

I rang the airport already to check we can go and look and also that we can go on the monorail.

Fingers crossed we make it sometime soon. :)

Jonah loves doing that!!! What a shame :hug:

But you're creative, I'm sure you'll think of something else great to do.

What a fab idea :D

Hope you got to go in the end. Mason and his machines, he's such a proper boy :)

We made it in the end! :D OH got the wheel fixed!

It was great they loved it! You could buy a plane "timetable" for 50p so when we saw one arrive or depart we could work out where it was going or had come from. :D I'm definitely going again, the only bad thing was the price of parking £5.40!!! But they loved it! Next time we'll go on the train :)

Have a look at the pics here

:D:D:D

Isaac would love that. We always watch the planes go over our house. We can see the Gatwick spiral from our house.

And where did you get that top???? Its awesome :)

It's part of a 2-piece set from H&M. the other top is just plain white with long sleeves but I HAD to get them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back