• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gutted but pleased for her..

BellaRiven

Reaction score
I'm sorry I know i'm new here but I need to rant, I apologise in advance...

I had a text today from my best friend saying 'ur guna b an aunty' that's it...not do you fancy a coffee I need to tell you something.

She knows and has known for years that we have been trying so hard to conceive, it's been a year and a half!! and that is all she comes out with.

I couldn't help it I just sent her a text saying congratulations x and she just sent one back to say thanks, so then I felt really guilty and sent her one saying I am really happy for you.

I just feel like it's so unfair they only literally stopped taking the pill last month and in her first month she is pregnant. I also feel like it was quite selfish and not very sensitive of her.

I am absolutely heartbroken, what have I done that is so wrong that the powers that be have decided I shouldnt have kids.

I am gutted.

Sorry to rant

Last edited:
Hey hun! so sorry. I know how you feel, whenever i get news from friends (alot recently) i am so happy for then deep down but also very jelous and go on a bit of a downer, mostly at myself as i want to be more excited for them

Its totally normal to feel this week, i find it passes in a week or so, hope you are ok hun.

It WILL be your turn soon. xxx

Your friend probably deliberated for ages y'know about the best way to tell you. she probably just decided to come out with it. I think that when you are having TTC issues it's always difficult to cope with other people falling pregnant at the drop of a hat. It bugs me that people who don't take care of themselves at all get pregnant and yet I had to have surgery just to be in with a chance.

It's difficult not to be bitter, but ultimately everyone's different and we can't hold it against other women just because they managed to get pregnant. I know it's frustrating and we are all here to listen if you want to vent tho hun xxx

I know how you're feeling! I'm crying a lot these days, but I know I just have to try to not think about all the pregnant people around me.

It will be our turn soon, Im sure of it!!

xxx

DITO!!

there have been 3 pregnancies anounced in work in the past 2 months - 20wks, 15wks (been tryin for a yr so really happy for her- gives hope) and 12wks!! i was absolutely gutted at each 1!!
the 1 at 12wks was like oh it just sorta happened - giggles - i wanted to run across the unit and punch her!! and im a nurse always try help everyone but i had to walk away and congratulate her at another time cos i was fuming mad!!

she is ur best mate so she probs thought the easiest way was to try say ull be an aunty to think of something positive to say x x

oh hon, we're here so you can rant safely then hold your head up and be nice in real life.

I consider myself really lucky that there's only been one pregnancy announcement in our friends since we started trying and that was in month 1 so was more exciting than frustrating.

Work's something else though - I feel like I'm surrounded by pregnant women and they're all MOANING - loudly and constantly. I'd give anything to be there. At one point I started to look at other jobs because it was driving me up the wall, but the maternity's pretty good here because of how long I've stayed...

A family member announced that they were pregnant (by accident) a month ago and I had a good old cry!! Mainly coz think that she is stealing my thunder (she also ooked her wedding a couple of months before ours so stole my thunder there too!) Hubbie says that it will just be nice as there will be another little one for ours to play with but feel like all people are talking about now is her baby!! Gggggrrrr!!
So I feel your pain sweetie!!
xxxx

its always the same when your TTC.. everyone else gets pregnant!! 2 of my friends and 2 other girls i know have just anouced thier pregnancies 2.. your time will come.. soon i hope :dust: x

Yes, Im sure of it. Im happy that almost all my friends/family are pregnant because then I should be the next;)

our turn will come, you just wait and see:)

Love that positive attitude Esperanza!!!

Last edited:
I also try to make myself think that people had 'actually' been trying for ages and had to go through it and when it's our turn someone else will be in our position, but that we'll all move on...

:hugs::hugs:

Its very hard when there is something we really want in life and it feels like everyone has it apart from you. I know it doesn't help much, but remember its not your friends fault. Everyone is totally different. I think there is alot of jealousy goes around, that you'd never know about - for example - people who cant get a job, jealous of people who have jobs, ect ect, there is always something we want and dont get. So try and find some comfort in the fact that we all (even those not TTC) have these feelings.

Try and keep your chin up and come on here for a good old moan!

:)

You know what, I was gutted when my best friend got pregnant first. I was even more gutted when she got pregnant with her second and we were still trying for our first, in fact i was in tears for days.

But.... I love her kids, they call me Aunty and they love me, I spoil them rotten and get to cuddle them when I long for one, it actually helps.

Sometimes its hard, but at least she can hand me down everything I will need and give me lots of advice and now owes me loads of baby gifts, lol

It will be our turn soon xxxx

Thanks for all the replies, I feel much better at the moment..

I don't blame her I know it's not her fault, she can;t help it.

Thanks again xx

this might not help but it does for me (only sometimes though!) i always think that when we want something you notice them everywhere eg a specific car, when you dont want them they are still there you just dont pay attention. if you were pregnant (when we are SOON) you wouldnt really take notice of how many people were pregnant around you therefor you are just sharpening your observational skills. lol that was a long explenation for something that sounds rubbish lol.

:hugs:try & stay positive hunni. It will be your time soon :dust::dust:xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back