• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

x-kirsty-x said:
Yeah its the one for damaged hair that I use.

When I go to the hairdressers they use Redken All Soft on my hair and its gorgeous, too expensive for me to use all the time though!

Maybe ask your hairdresser to recommend a good shampoo that'll be right for your hair cos what works for some people might not for others :)

I get my MIL to send it from the states as it's so much cheaper!!! Hehe!!

MissGobby said:
While we are on the hair topic i was wondering what everyone would suggest.

i have a blinkin horrible carflick in the middle of my hair so if i have a fringe it would just go sideways or stick out!!! im sick of just having my hair behind my ears, i look young as it is but my hair makes me look about 12 LOL - anyone got any ideas what i could do different, styles? im going to the hairdressers tomorrow so need your help!!!

...........anyone????
i have just been to boots and got the Aussie shampoo and conditioner - 3 for 2 ;)

i dont think it would suit me Jenna and if i had that done at the hair dressers and it didnt i would have to live with it, wouldnt i?

What about something shorter, kinda spiked and funky looking? I don't mean shaved or boy short but a shorter kinda spunky style. Some modern cuts are really great and might also solve your "looking so young" problem although believe me get to the other side of 25 and you start looking for ways to look younger!!

Even something soft like http://www.hrhairstyles.com/mandymooreshort906.jpg might help? That way it doesn't matter where your flicky bits go?

Oh and great on the 3 for 2 on Aussie....I was in there today and didn't spot that. I have the same hair as you, it gets washed daily (needs it!) and find changing my shampoo on a regular basis helps, I currently have three in the bathroom, Herbal Essances, Vosene (old I know but really good for geting it squeeky clean!) and Timote - I change them all the time, I love the smell of the Aussie ones I have to say and find anything with lemon in the content is great for the grease!!

Or something flicky but shoulder length....that way other flicky bits won't be noticed so much? http://www.hairresources.com/images/sce ... rStyle.jpg or what about getting a short fringe cut into your current style? I'm so crap with hair, I sit in the salon and just say "do something" he's got to know me well enough now that he just get's on with it and does what he thinks will look/sit best etc. Do you have that kinda relationship with your hairdresser that you'd trust him/her to just get on with "something"?? You could always just ask about your flicky bit(s) and seek their opinions, often boys have them on the crown of their head and those who don't have the number 2 shave all around have barbers who find ways to work around them...my sister has one on the front of her hairline...she went short and spunky though, looks fabby on her she's a tiny size 6-8 (the cow!) and about 5"5 it really suits her!!

For greasy hair try putting the shampoo on DRY HAIR, put it on before wetting and you will notice a real difference.

Nicola i would love a really thin fringe or something but the carflick in right in the middle so i cant, its such a damn nightmare !!! OMG help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissGobby said:
Nicola i would love a really thin fringe or something but the carflick in right in the middle so i cant, its such a damn nightmare !!! OMG help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, treat yourself!! Book in to a good hairdressers, ask for a pre-appointment consultation. Speak to the person who'll actually be cutting/colouring/styling your hair. Tell them your problem, that you'd love a fringe, hate short hair, don't know what to do and let them tell you what's best. I do it ALL the time as I'm so crap with mine. I had a pre-consutation last week (going at the end of June before LO arrives) as I wanted to discuss colourings (re-style after the birth, too hormonal to handle that just now incase I hated it!) and the advice was great!! I left feeling far more confident and ok going to a nice salon costs a bit but top it up with cheapie appointments during the year but have a nice treat once a year or something. I think you'll be surprised at how talking to an expert about it can relieve your anxieties and provide solutions you and I can't even think about!!

thanks Nicola - well im booked into the hairdressers tomorrow (my usual) coz it needs doing, its looks minging!! LOL

but its my birthday next month and Danny doesnt know what to buy me, so i might ask him if he would pay for me to go somewhere a bit more expensive and have a constulation!!

thanks girl!! :cheer:

:hug:

never tried it myself but i'v heard putting talc on ur hair stops it looking greasy :?

washing your hair everyday makes it greasy aswell, hairdressers told me :x
im a sucker 4 washing it everyday but its not good 4 ya lol
x sophie x

Hi

I agree i was told washing every day makes hair greasy .
I was my hair every second day as well.
Hope your appointment goes well hun
Katrina

trixipaws said:
:hug:

never tried it myself but i'v heard putting talc on ur hair stops it looking greasy :?

Yep this works if its only slightly greasy ;)

MissG sounds like you could be washing ur hair too much and that will make it dry etc cos you are washing all of the natural (whatever!) out of it.... I find that now and again when I know im not going anywhere or can get away with it I leave my hair for as long as poss without washing it. Greasy can be good for the hair sometimes but I hate leaving it lol

I wash mine every other day and change my shampoo frequently, also having it cut short helped me with fly away bits and made it loads healthier etc x

You should definitely try dry shampoo. It's called Batiste and you can get it from Boots. It costs about £2 for a can. You just spray it on your roots between washes and it take the greasy look away. It is a life saver.... I have got all my friends using it! Trust me it really makes a difference.

Here is the link so you know what to look for...

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1002111

JSS said:
You should definitely try dry shampoo. It's called Batiste and you can get it from Boots. It costs about £2 for a can. You just spray it on your roots between washes and it take the greasy look away. It is a life saver.... I have got all my friends using it! Trust me it really makes a difference.

ive tried this....

its only good if ur hair isnt dark...

if u have dark hair even after brushing it out, you look like uve got grey hair!! haahh :lol:

lozzijane said:
JSS said:

ive tried this....

its only good if ur hair isnt dark...

if u have dark hair even after brushing it out, you look like uve got grey hair!! haahh :lol:

Really?? I used to have dark brown hair (just recently had highlights) and it's always been fine on my hair. It looks grey at first but I just make sure I massage it in properly then brush it out. Seems to work fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back