Grrrrrrrrr!!! - and any other Argos related moans!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I am not long back from town... only went in to pick up a new electric blanket that I had reserved online from Argos..... well got myself and Arianna all wrapped up and in to town we went.... got to Argos and they didnt even bloody have it in stock!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I am absolutely gutted!!! They are going to arrange for it to be sent to my house but I was soooooooo looking forward to a nice cosy bed tonight!!

On the plus side, I got my secret santa gifts.... and they are fab even if I do say so myself!!! :dance:

I hate Argos. I bought a new bed online yesterday, and I haven't had email confirmation yet. :think:

I know exactly how you feel!

I was in there yesterday, I bought a new kingsize duvet for the bed (a really thick one!) and a new cover & sheet set... and the blimmin' conveyor belt in there was broken! :roll: I had to wait for 45 minutes for them to bring it to the counter, I was just sitting there on one of them little plastic chairs, getting VERY impatient! At least they are going to deliver it to you though! :cheer:

Oh good let me join the Argos hating- yesterday they delivered me my dinner set and glasses, they didnt have the saucepans and i was told they would be here this morning....are they heck!! and then i opened the glasses 3 were smashed!! i phoned the "helpline" i use the term loosely and they said to take them to my local store for a replacement...i explained i do not drive and i am not humping broken glass on the bus in my buggy!!! they are so rude!! and i used to work for Argos trust me they are shite!!!!

Thats right weird, we orderd an oven with argos - i called them last week and they said the order was on track to be deliverd on time (this week) they called today to say theyll phone again before the 10th to tell us wether or not we'll get it. :wall: they took the money weeks ago though.

Argos are pish! I never order online from them anymore because they never get it right! :wall:

Me too! I got a toilet seat a couple of weeks ago & when I opened the box the lid part came out on its own!
It was snapped in half! :evil:

Yeah and i totally forgot about the stress they put me through in the weeks leading up to my due date, they had delivered the wrong wardrobes for my nursery and i had to wait for them to send a refund cheque before i could get the right ones sent..they sent me a cheque spelling my name incorrectly so i couldnt cash it so i had to send it back and only once they got it and logged it in the system could they send me another one...GRRR finally then i could order the correct wardrobes even though it was THERE mistake and they knew i was an employee so if that was preferencial treatment i would hate to see how any other customer would have been treated! i am never using them again i should have learnt my lesson!!

jeeeez..... lots of complaints... I have changed the title of the thread for anyone else that wants to join in!

I ordered black metal bunkbeds for the girls but they sent black on the bottom and the top half was lilac. Then they didnt have anymore in stock, so asked for a refund, didnt get it till 3 weeks later.

Pain in the arse. When I ordered a Wii Fit I paid £5.95 for next day delivery. Cancelled plans and stayed in the whole day only to be phoned at 3pm for them to say it wouldn't be until the NEXT day when I had plans I couldn't cancel and they refused to deliver it to an alternative address. Finally got it the day after that.

Do you know what i found them to be quite good :shock: but i have only ordered online from them once. They rang the day after and i had my tumble dryer 2 days later...maybe they were having a good day? Although the delivery guys were quite comical looking and i watched for about 10 minutes as they wheeled it up and down the road looking for the right house (the number is on the front gate AND the front door :lol: ) couldnt be bothered to go outside and call them in :lol: .
Although on the bad side one of the delivery men walked mud through the lounge :x and i recieved an email telling me i had £10 off my next order. I went into the store to buy a microwave only to be told the offer was only redeemable online :wall: seems i failed to read the small print :shakehead:

poochielove said:
Do you know what i found them to be quite good :shock: but i have only ordered online from them once. They rang the day after and i had my tumble dryer 2 days later...maybe they were having a good day? Although the delivery guys were quite comical looking and i watched for about 10 minutes as they wheeled it up and down the road looking for the right house (the number is on the front gate AND the front door :lol: ) couldnt be bothered to go outside and call them in :lol: .
Although on the bad side one of the delivery men walked mud through the lounge :x and i recieved an email telling me i had £10 off my next order. I went into the store to buy a microwave only to be told the offer was only redeemable online :wall: seems i failed to read the small print :shakehead:

No i'll tell you the reason for that :) its because white goods like washing machines and tumbledryers etc come from the manufacturers and not the argos depots...so the delivery is in the hands of a different company not Argos!

fran_23 said:
poochielove said:

No i'll tell you the reason for that :) its because white goods like washing machines and tumbledryers etc come from the manufacturers and not the argos depots...so the delivery is in the hands of a different company not Argos!

:lol: That says it all!

We took a chance and ordered a cream leather reclining sofa (2) from them a couple of weeks ago. We wanted them delivered on 15th. They said they can only book delivery up to 13th and if we wanted the 15th then it would be out of stock (even though they are bought and paid for!) as its rolling stock and doesnt matter when you bought them if your delivery is sooner you get priority :?

Eventually got them delivered on 13th. Having said that they are nice, everything was right and we wouldnt normally buy a sofa out of argos but they could have it here in less than a fortnight whereas most other places were talking 6 weeks+

I ordered a new wardrobe, desk, chair and mirror for my bedroom at my mums ages ago. The desk, chair and mirror turned up in the 28 days it said it would take. I waited 6 months for the wardrobe!! 6 months! I got £100 worth of argos gift vouchers but id of rather had my wardrobe when they said theyd deliver it.

we bought a tv/dvd combi and the dvd player didnt work :| they did just replace it tho. But was a pain having to take it back

Argos is in my GOOD BOOKS at moment :shock: :eek: lol

We went to get a pack of the puppy training pads last week for my cat (he's incontinent following accident) and your supposed to get 40 in a pack for £10.99.... they were reduced to £9.49 so i paid and went to get them and they gave me a big box.... I scuttled out wondering what was going on and when we checked they'd given us 5 packets too much, they gave me 6 packs of 40 in a box :rotfl: their mistake so i'm happy as its saved me a fortune :D :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back