Group B Strep

ninjawomble

Reaction score
Is anyone gonna ask for this test?

I was bored at work today, and had a sneaky peek at the database for test results (bloods, smears, swabs etc)
I had a look at mine and Ive had two previous vaginal swabs in the past that have tested positive for Group B Strep.
Do you think I should request to be screened off my midwife, just in case?

Hi there :wave:
This is something i am going to find out more about at my booking appointment as when my DS was born he ended up in SCBU with suspected Group B Strep. Towards the end of my labour (which ended with emergancy c section) i was very ill, being sick, high temperature but uncontrolable shivering and shaking. I tested positive as a carrier of Group B strep so both DS and myself had to have a 7 day course of antibiotics in hospital.

I am not entirely sure of the procedure with subsequent pregnancies?

This seems to be standard in some places but not in others - my friend was tested towards the end of her pregnancy but I never was. She is in a different health area. I would definatley ask though.

Hiya!

I asked about this last week and its something which is done at 30 odd weeks. I think you have to pay for it as stupidly its not on the NHS (around £35 i think). Im definately having it as i know two poeple who tested positive. Will find out more and post about it soon.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back