• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grobags?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi I am going to buy Jake a grobag and according to the chart I need 1 tog as my room temp is in between 20 and 24 (usually about 22 according to the grobag egg). The thing is that I am worried he will get cold as I don't think it is that warm in our room and I sleep with a duvet and blanket. It says you should only use the 2.5 tog if your room temp is up to 20. What do you guys think?

Hi hun, I got ashlea a grobag and my room is really cold as i have a problem with draught n my windows..so i was always checking ashlea to make sure she doesn't get cold...so when i have the heating on I leave my bedroom door open so that the warm air gets into my room and i always put ashlea in her grobag and she's always nice and warm. Maybe you could just put a thin sheet over the top of her, I don't bother though. Don't know if this has been any help at all to you hun.....

i use a 2.5tog and jacks room is normally between 18 and 20 but he still gets cold hands so i use socks!! but he is just about warm enough! i wouldnt use anything smaller for his room but like you say your room is slightly warmer. think the best thing to do is use a 1 tog and just check on him and his temperature lots in the night to see how warm your baby is. hope this helps!

Hey sweetie, Ashlea's hands are often quite cold, they always have been though. I normally put mitts or socks on her but that's cause she keeps scratching her face. U can tell if they are warm or cold by feeling at the back of their neck i think it it...
xxxxx

I wouldnt go as far down as a 1 tog because I have a 1..5 tog and a 2.5 tog grobag and the 1.5 is really thing so the 1 tog wouldnt really be suitable unless the room was really hot!

hmmm I use tog 2.5 and Otis room varies between 16 -21ish depanding on the weather. If it is quite mild then I just turn the radiator off in his room so that it goes down to around 19. I think that during the winter month a tog 2.5 grobag and a sleeper suit should be fine for your LO.

I don't know what tog mine is because I found it in the house. It belonged to OHs ex-wife. It is quite thick. It's cotton with a fleecy inside and a woollen hood&collar. My house is draughty too because of holes in the window frames, and is very cold because it has thirteen rooms, while we only have five radiators at the moment. My room is the biggest and doesn't have a radiator.

I am using a 2.5 tog and Gabriella's room is normally around 21 sometimes 22.

I use a 2.5 tog and Isabella's room is usually about 20 ish, she wears pj's or a baby gro without feet in and a sleeveless vest.

Icecream said:
I don't know what tog mine is because I found it in the house. It belonged to OHs ex-wife. It is quite thick. It's cotton with a fleecy inside and a woollen hood&collar. My house is draughty too because of holes in the window frames, and is very cold because it has thirteen rooms, while we only have five radiators at the moment. My room is the biggest and doesn't have a radiator.

The one you are explaining sounds like a car seat / stroller snuggle, I have one that sounds exactly like you are explaning and I use it for his pram and when he is older I will take out the seam in the back where you can put the car seat harnesses through (though not all have this). Afaik they never put a set tog on these, just for sleeping nags etc :) ...

Hope this helps
cas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back