Grobags/sleeping bags

NickyB

Reaction score
This is going to sound stupid, but how many and of which tog should I be looking to buy?

If I'm buying 0-6 months, shall I get 1tog (September will still be pretty warm) and 2.5tog for the colder winter months before LO hits 6 months old? If so, how many of each in practical terms of washing turnaround (two makes sense, but seems expensive compared to bedding)?

What would you suggest with experience?

maybe just buy 1 at first- Evie doesn't like hers so if I had bought loads it would have been a waste.

1 tog should be fine for sept as you can layer underneath. connor was actually too small for his 0-6 bags when he was born - i had to buy 0-3 instead. i think they're fab. you can get cheap ones at tkmaxx, tesco & bhs :) :)

Defo just buy one and see if it works. However... Becky hated hers for the first 2 months then I decided to try again and she's been in them ever since.

I've got two 1 tog ones because our room is always pretty warm (we have had the grobag thermometer in it since last Jan and it has never gone below 20 degrees and we always sleep with the windows open!). I have no idea whether he is going to like them so thought I had better not go overboard. I will have a couple of blankets too, just in case he feels cold, I can tuck one over the top. Combine that with a vest and sleepsuit, if needed and I reckon he'll be toasty warm in there over winter :D

I was tempted to go the ebay second hand route but then fell in love with these two when I was ordering my nursing chair and so got them too :oops:

http://www.mums2b.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=64

http://www.mums2b.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=31

I know you can probably get cheaper elsewhere though (I impulse bought :lol: )

I bought a couple from car boots.. hardy used and so cheap!

Thanks all, am going to buy just one 1tog one, if I get something from Tesco or the likes and it's not used its no big deal. If it's a success I can get more!

This place can be so much help!

it depends how hot your nursery or bedroom is. upstairs in our house is really hot the temp is always above 22 degrees in summer its over 25 degrees. we just used 1.5 tog in winter and last summer when she was born didnt use any covers it was so hot and she was too little for a grobag! now she doesnt have one coz she can pull the covers up herself. but it was handy over winter i doubt youy would need 2 tog tho thats quite thick :think:

i reccommend these http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Baby-Sleep ... ompany-Ltd

i use them cos i use 0.5 tog , while leland is in a helmet he gets warm and i cant get room under 21 either ! but there great becuase they have a zip and some of the cheaper ones like tesco are poppers and there a nightmere !!! plus the neck size on these are really good , and even tho leland is 71cm long he still fits in 0-6 .

I bought a load from ebay when I was pg. I got a real bargain, I got 3 grobags (1 an actual grobag, the other 2 John Lewis) for £6!!! But they were all 2.5 tog and having a spring/summer baby they are too thick so bought a 1 tog on from tesco and he's in it everynight. I wash it once a week (or if he's sick on it) and hang it in the airing cupboard and its dry within 2 hours.

As someone has said there are minimum weight requirements for most of them, some are from 7lbs others 10lb.

You can get some good ones in tkmaxx as well, I went in there the other day and there was this MASSIVE one for a 12 year old!!!! It was huge so I tried it on!!!

When my dd was born we used a swaddle blanket at first which she really settled in and was happy.

Look at the following link. http://www.grobag.com/swaddling.aspx

When she was around 6 weeks I tried putting her in her sleeping bag, but she hated it, so reverted back to the swaddle blanket, at around 3 months or so she was then happy in her 2.5 sleeping bag.

If you are going to buy a sleeping bag, I would recommend buying a 2.5 tog and putting your baby in a long sleeved body. You can then save a bit of money by just buying one or two sleeping bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back