• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gripe Water

nefisher

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether you can add Gripe Water to formula? I've started to give Gripe Water to Poppy and gave her a spoon full after her bedtime feed but it just upset her when I was putting it in her mouth and woke her up so I had to spend ages trying to get her to sleep. It would be easier to just add it to her bottle but I'm not sure whether I can especially as I put an infant gaviscon in there too.

I wouldn't add anything to formula or any other drink unless it says you can in the instructions. Read the leaflet or bottle first as diluting it may alter the strength. And remember you can use infacol before a bottle of formula rather than giving gripe water after a feed.

Lou :D

Oh and you'll find it much easier to give medicines etc with a plastic syringe rather than a spoon. Its easier to measure aswell and less messy.

lou said:
Oh and you'll find it much easier to give medicines etc with a plastic syringe rather than a spoon. Its easier to measure aswell and less messy.

I read in a baby book to give medicines via a plastic syringe. You pull back one corner of the mouth so that a pocket is formed against the cheek, and drop in the medicine a bit at a time so that it is swallowed and not spat out.

I dont think you can add to milk, the best way i have found with Amber is take the top off the bottle put a bit in and let her suck it down.

I am lucky because she doesnt mind the taste of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back