Gripe water

keelie_b

Reaction score
How EXACTLY do i use it? im a bit confused because everything and everyone says different?
Dylan is BF but has a formula top up at night of 4oz shoulod i just put some in there? and how much do you use, how often a day and how long until it kicks in? 20 questions :lol: !!

(quick update on Dylans reflux as all my posts are always so depressing. i've doubled his dose of gaviscon and he is much happier during the day. it has made him constipated though so hes started on lactulose which im hoping will do the trick. but he is definately better then he was, its nice to see him happy again and not always in pain :) thanks everyone who offered so much support on the whole reflux problem)

Hiya hun,

I didnt really get on with the gripewater as there was so much liquid to give Ollie and it just made him sick. I used an oral syringe you can get from the chemist. I also tried putting it in the teat of the bottle at the end of a feed. I dont think you are suppose to mix it with anything else. I gave up.

Ollie is also on gaviscon at the moment and i noticed him getting less frequent with his poos so ive dropped the dose to 1 sachet rather than two. His reflux isnt severe though so im sure it will be fine for him.

Claire x

I also bought a bottle and gave up...!!

I used a syringe to try and give it to him when he was young, It was to fiddily, and sticky horrible stuff... Infacol is much better IMO and easyer to give

You have to give so much gripe water... to much hasstle.

I put it in an ounce of water and it always works for mine! But every baby is different!

We use a syringe and give Riley some either before or after his last feed, then give him a good wind after, it works great.

i just gave mine from a sterilised spoon, he took it fine, first time he made a face and some came back out but next time he took it all.

we used a pipet to give it to Theo, it did work, but more often then not he used to be sick straight after having it, , , dont think he liked the taste! (i love it) hehe, We also Gave up and started using comfort formula.

I give Adam some on a sterilised spoon. He loves it and I find it works almost instantly. I think it's just finding what works for you :hug:

I know nothing about gripe water but I just wanted to say I'm so glad that Dylan is doing better!!! :cheer:
I really hope it continues for you :hug:

Thanks for that ladies i have a better understanding now :D

.Christina. said:
know nothing about gripe water but I just wanted to say I'm so glad that Dylan is doing better!!!
I really hope it continues for you
aww thank you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back