• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

green poo?

leckershell

Reaction score
ryan's been getting green poo and cries a lot as if he is in pain...

i asked the health visitor about it and she said maybe he had a bit of a stomach upset or a bug. but every few days with normal poo's in between?

could it be a sign that i'm eating something he disagrees with on those particular days (i havent noticed a pattern so far)? or any other suggestions?

m

Green poo is sometimes a sign of colic i was told, if you are giving him infacol give it to him with every feed otherwise it doesnt work.

Also its normal for a breastfed baby to not poop everyday(sorry if you knew that already)

This might be useful leckershell;
'If your baby's stools are green and frothy she may be taking in too much lactose (the natural sugar found in milk), which happens if she feeds often, but doesn't get the rich milk at the end of the feed to fill her up. It may also be caused by overfeeding or underfeeding, or is a sign that your baby has a stomach bug.'
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Found it here;
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/dailyc ... rbabyspoo/

green poo is a sign that's something isn't quite right. Usually wind or soemthing has upset his tummy.

As your BF-ing it's most likely something you've eaten. Do you eat a lot of dairy?

leckershell said:
ryan's been getting green poo and cries a lot as if he is in pain...

i asked the health visitor about it and she said maybe he had a bit of a stomach upset or a bug. but every few days with normal poo's in between?

could it be a sign that i'm eating something he disagrees with on those particular days (i havent noticed a pattern so far)? or any other suggestions?

m

leckershell. is baby gaining weight and settled inbetween feeds but alert when awake?
Green poo isn't normal chick and could be a sign he is not getting enough to eat. His poo should be runny and ywllow. like picalilli.

He has infacol every so often but doesn't really seem to need it all that much. He doesn't do the whole screaming thing anymore. He's plenty fed, putting on about a pound a week and that's wholly breast milk (except maybe 1 formula feed per week if we have visitors)... I don't eat too much dairy as at one point we thought he might be getting ill from it as I had a lot one day and he was angry about it, so I've mostly cut out dairy except the occasional bit of cheese (although I am partial to gateau :oops:).

He mostly does have picalili poo, but every few days or so he seems in pain and it's green. I'll have a looky the next few times and see if it happens on a day I eat gateau..

I was told by my HV that green poo was a sign of colic or wind. It shouldnt be anything to worry about!

yeah i don't know why i said green poo was a sign of malnurishment. Thats black poo :doh:

Alex used to get green poo when he'd been feeding too often and only taking small amounts of fore milk. He'd also be a bit sicky, windy and have tummy ache around this time aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back