• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greasy hair but really dry scalp :(

Iriki

Reaction score
Hi all,

I usually wash my hair every 2nd day but over the past week, it's become so greasy that it has to be washed every day. My scalp on the other hand, is really dry and itchy. Greasy hair and flaky scalp is really NOT a good combination!

I've even stopped blowdrying my hair to see if that makes any difference to my scalp but nope, nada :( I'm using baby shampoo too to try and calm things down.

Anybody else suffering with uncooperative hair or is it just me?

Snap. And not only uncooperative hair, but face too, My chin is covered in spots. I've been washing my hair every day with an anti-dandruff shampoo to see if that sorts out the itching etc. I'm off to thair hairdressers to have my roots done tomorrow so I'll ask her about it.

Don't you just love those hormones?!

I am the same with an itchy/dry scalp :-( I have been using anti-dandruff shampoo for the past couple washes and this seems to have helped with the itchiness and a bit of the flaking too x

I had this in T1, it lasted until end of T2, I changed shampoo to a volumising one like Elvive in the pink & green bottle or Tigi Superstar which is for greasy hair/volumising & it sorted it x

Try tree tea will work for both greasy and your scalp. Try not to wash it as much. Dry shampoo may give you a break between washes. X x

I had this bad too, it's annoying as you just don't know which shampoo to use, my hair always felt greasy even as soon as I washed it. Luckily it settled down around 10 weeks and seems back to normal now.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! Thanks ladies for all the advice - think I'll try changing shampoos and resisting the urge to wash it every day, and see what happens.

Alternatively I'll shave the lot off and buy a Kate Middleton look-a-likey wig!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back