GP got me worried!

Katy_89

Reaction score
I went to the GP yesterday.

I have now been signed off until I start maternity leave at 36 weeks with my hyperemesis. But while I was there she checked my tummy and stuff which she doesn't usually do. She said I seemed quite small and asked if the midwives had recommended I have a growth scan. I told her that they hadn't as they never seem to pay much attention when I mention my sickness. She told me to ask next time I see them if they'll give me a growth scan.

I'm worrying now that he's not growing. I know fundal height isn't that accurate, but his growth does seem to have slowed. At 25+1 I was measuring 1 week ahead at 26cm. At 28+1 I was 27cm, so only grew 1cm in 3 weeks exactly, rather than the expected 3.

I don't have a midwife appointment until 31+1 now though :( xx

I'd try and not worry hun, if the dr had of been concerned she'd have sent you straight for a scan :)

:hug:

Last edited:
i woulndt worry, when i waws pregnant with my son i had to have scan after scan and they were thinking of taking him out at 30 weeks and he was born 3 days late at 8lb 3oz baby will be fine :) Sounds like a good size to me with bump measurememnts but if the midwife was ushally conserned you would be refured straight away. From so many weeks pregnant they will check your bumpe measurement everytime you go in and do the heart beat as well x x x x

i agree sweetheart - if the gp was that worried, he'd have sent you straight away, he's just checking with a growth scan :hug: i'm sure he's doing fine in there honey, just be firm with your mw to put your mind at rest xx

They were worried that Sam was too small because of my fundal height, but a growth scan showed that he was well above average size - he'd had his spine down the middle of my belly and had turned onto his side as well as droppingdown into my pelvis which meant that my fundal height didn't change at all. I'm sure everything's fine, don't worry :hug:

They were worried that Sam was too small because of my fundal height, but a growth scan showed that he was well above average size - he'd had his spine down the middle of my belly and had turned onto his side as well as droppingdown into my pelvis which meant that my fundal height didn't change at all. I'm sure everything's fine, don't worry :hug:

That sounds quite similar to my LOs position at the moment so perhaps thats why xx

i really wouldnt worry! i measured small all the way thru with both of mine, katie by about 2 weeks and she was 9lb12, and ella i was measuring 5 weeks behind or somethin and she was 8lb3! all jsut depends how they lie and stuff!xx

I'm sure that'll be why... I had Sam's big bum sticking out on my left just under my ribcage but I was flatter in the middle! And when Toby was back to back my belly was almost soft in the middle bit if I lay on my back... once he turned my bump was massive at the front again!

hebe was the same as Toby. She was back to back and my bump was soft when I laid down. I've got a feeling this one will be too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back