Got Milk?

Lewa

Reaction score
So I managed to squeeze a we bit of milk out of my left nipple this morning, less than a drop.. and this afternoon I tried again and got some clear sticky stuff coming out of both. Guessing this is a good sign?
When do most people start having some milk? I'm 29 weeks so guess it's kind of early?
Any do's and don't on squeezing? :p Sounds stupid.. but wondering if doing it could do any harm for later production, or something.. Just so curious that I'd want to squeeze again to see if any more came out. Sounds stupid.. but can't help it lol.

Oh I squeeze all the time LOL I have a breastfeeding session with my hypnobirthing practitioner on Sunday so am going to ask her the same question - will let you know :)

I started getting it at about 17 weeks (freaky!)

I haven't had any :(. Hope that doesn't mean I won't produce any once LO is here...

wow, that's eeearly! Sorry to ask.. but have you had any problems with leaking and stuff then? So far I'm not worried about that as it's so little, and hard to squeeze out :p But I guess that if you've had it for that long it might be quite a bit by now?

I have read in different newsletters and stuff that it might happen before, but on the ticker one I have here it actually says it might happen this week, so according to that one I guess I'm on schedule :p

I haven't had any :(. Hope that doesn't mean I won't produce any once LO is here...

I wouldn't worry yet.. from I'm only a few days behind you for one thing, and as far as I know the body releases hormones when you are in labour/giving birth that tells your body to properly start producing milk, so I guess some people might have next to nothing beforehand and still be able to breastfeed after they've given birth. Don't quote me on it.. but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere..

I've also read that not drinking enough or not eating properly can make it harder to get proper milk production, so if there are any dietary habits you can improve on that's always helpful (but as I said, I wouldn't worry about it yet!)

wow, that's eeearly! Sorry to ask.. but have you had any problems with leaking and stuff then? So far I'm not worried about that as it's so little, and hard to squeeze out :p But I guess that if you've had it for that long it might be quite a bit by now?

I have read in different newsletters and stuff that it might happen before, but on the ticker one I have here it actually says it might happen this week, so according to that one I guess I'm on schedule :p
No, no leaks, I only get it if I fiddle with my nipples, LOL!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back