gooey stuff ?? back contractions ?? possible labour post ??

samanthajayne

Reaction score
no matter how many posts i read or go through what experiences other girls have had etc etc when it comes to me and my body i just get so confused as to whats going on. its half 3 in the morning and just had my first loo trip of the night. went to the loo no problem got back in bed and had this overwhelming urge to go back to the loo. already had a small wet patch in my nickers appearing and as i sat on the loo more sort of clear non smelly but slightly gooey discharge just came out of me i mean i just sat on the loo and actually felt it trickle out of me all warm and gooey. i have felt quite sick all day. definantly don't feel myself. can't wait to see the midwife in the morning. so whats going on now it can't be my plug as it didn't have any blood in it and it wasn't a solid or a lump it was just slightly gooey. can't be my waters can it because it was more goo than water so could it just be a lot of extra discharge coming out as it seems to have stopped now. i don't know whats happening anymore :(

its now almost 5am and just to update my goo post that i have been getting very regular pains in my back. well they are about 5-7 mins apart and are lasting up to a minute at a time. could they be back contractions. not getting any pain anywhere else at the moment anyway. not sure what to do at the moment so just going to sit it out. i actually feel like i want pain relief right now as they are quite intense :(

ok so now its almost 6. tried going back to bed but everytime i get the back pains its just impossible to sit still through them. not even a hot water bottle on my back is offering any comfort. had a bit more goo stuff. no blood though so still not sure what that is. all i know is when i get these lower back pains it bluddy hurts and feels a lot like i need to poo. have already pooed twice this morning. hasn't helped though. come on girls wake up i need some help on what this is. is it early labour? false labour? is the runny clear goo part of my plug? help me i don't know what to do. i have a midwife appointment at 11 but don't even know if i can last that long. grrrr here comes another pain and it hurts like f**k :cry:

Eeek ive not dne this before so unsure if it was the plug, could it maybe be the beginning of something though??

Try and get back to bed but be weary of whats happening...

:hug: :hug:

hiya thanks for replying :) really don't feel like i can sleep or keep still. i feel really uncomfortable now. my back hurts a little then it hurts a lot and then a little again. just had to run to the loo for a poo but hasn't given any relief. nothing else hurts except my back. i kind of hope it is the start of something but i'm soooo scared. i'll try and get back in bed and see what happens.

Sounds like something could be happening. TBH there is not much to do other than sit it out and see how it progresses. Labour pains tend to be lower down in the back and pelvic area than higher up, so it could be early/latent labour (ie not first stage proper) and could go on hours or days till you get into established labour. You may find these contraction like pains stop, start, have infrequent times between them etc. Go with the flow :)

I found keeping mobile helped, as did having a bath. Take a couple of paracetamol if you need to. Also in case it is a prelude to labour proper make sure you eat well while you can to keep your energy levels up. And going for a walk might get things going.

I know the pain isn't easy, but try to cope with it now as latent labour can go on for a bit. Hopefully your body will adjust to it and cope better when contractions hit. I found a lot of it to be a mental thing and focused not on the pain but breathing through them. It really did make them far more bearable and tbh not actually painful.

Do you have a TENS machine? Once you've seen the MW today and see what she says, don't be afraid to use it if its latent or labour proper. I'd not go mad and whack it on a high setting but start off low and build up as you need gradually, so you have the stronger settings for later when you really need them.

Good luck :)

good morning sherlock thanks for replying. i don't have a tens machine :( i was just about to update again as i think my water has just gone. stood up and i had a huge gush it went right through my pj's. not sure what to do now. bf is on his way to me as i don't want to be alone through this. should i still wait for my midwife appointment? think i'll have a shower maybe that will help.

oooh it sounds like its all gonna happen now for you hun :hug:
i would give your midwife a ring as soon as you feel the need and at least let her know what is going on.
I didnt have a show with any of mine so not always the most obvious thing to look out for.
Good luck and let us know how things go :wink:

i think as you are 39 wks and 6 days you should call your m/w as soon as you can, if you can't get hold of her call the labour ward for advice.

Not getting rid of the back pain with heat is a positive sign for labour according to my book.

Sandi

oh yes i definantly think it is labour. i have lost quite a bit of water now. seem to lose a bit more water with each bit of back pain. i have rang the triage at delivery i think it was and she just advised me to keep a check on the colour of the water and try and make it to my midwife appointment at 11 if not then to ring back and they will most probably send someone out to me. all the pain is in my back still at the moment. hurts so bad god i'm such a whimp. had a shower. checked over my hospital bag. its all started so quick heres hopeing its over with quickly. i'll update when i can as i have no txt buddy so wish me luck hope i can announce the birth of my little boy soon :cheer:

Oooo, sounds really exciting (sorry I know your in pain)! BUT you will be meeting your lil man very soon! Sounds like your waters have gone, it could happen pretty quickly from here! I'd call the labour ward, they will probably to tell you to go straight in to be examined. Best of luck hun xxx

ooooooooooooo how exciting! im siting here flapping my legs together as i read the post! hehe, , , awwww keep us updated hun!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Oh wow, good luck SamanthaJayne, sounds like you'll bemeeting your LO very soon :cheer:

Alex xxx

Awww no text buddy?

I'm happy to be one :) I'll PM you my mobile number and can post updates for you :)

Oooh how exciting good luck hope your holiding your LO very soon!! :cheer: :hug:

Sounds like labour to me, hope things are going ok and i wish you all the best of luck xxx

Only just seen this, did you make it to your midwife appointment?

Everything sounds like it is going really well :cheer: Come on little man :)

what happened??

does anyone know?

i've watching this thread all day but there's not been any posts from samanthajayne in ages!!

hope everythings ok, and that the weather aint to crappy in stockport (i used to live about 5 miles from there!!)

come on little dude...... :cheer: :cheer:

Sherlock said:
Awww no text buddy?

I'm happy to be one :) I'll PM you my mobile number and can post updates for you :)

Mummy Sherlock to thee rescue!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back