Good news...

grace

Reaction score
Hello, sorry i havent been on here sooner but i called the midwife after easter about not having my scan yet and she was very sympathetic and promised to sort it out. She couldnt get through to the right departmet until this morning but ive now got an appointment for a scan at half 10 on tuesday!!! Woo-hoo!!

What do i have to do for this scan? i asked the midwife and she just said turn up but arent you meant to drink loads of water or something before a scan?

ANYWAY.......

I also heard my little babys heartbeat for the first time today! all feelings of pissed offness disappeared, i almost burst into tears but held my composure and just lay there with a huge grin on my face! It was like twice the speed of mine, i loved it. aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, its all getting so real.

She also said i feel about 17 weeks plus so my ticker could be a little out but we will see after the scan.

Now the midwife said the heartbeat sounded like a train but i thought a horse. Maybe thats just wishful thinking cos i want a pink girl!

Cant wait til you all read this, im so excited i cant type fast enough!

wow is this your first scan? if so you've waited ages! I had to wait over six weeks and thought that was ages!

i don't think you'll need to drink lots of water at 17w+, i think its only for the under 12w scan as baby/uterus are so small.

good luck for the scan hun!!

:hug:

The hospital i have chosen to deliver at have been so slow its unreal so yep, this is my first scan. If i dont get 2 like everybody else because of their mistake am gonna be very disappointed :(

Heres hoping they let me hhave the 2 im meant to have instead of this one being the main anomoly scan. I cant wait!

u shoudlnt need to drink loads at this stage plus you probably wont be able to hold it in for that long. i didnt drink anything for my first scan and that was at 12 weeks and you could see perfectly. xxxxx

Hi Grace :hug:

I'm so glad to read you are feeling happier, and more reassured about LO, now.

It's great that you got your first scan date too. I hope it goes well :cheer:

All my scan appt letters have said drink lots of water before the appointment but at the last (21 week) scan they said it wasn't necessary so I had a wee when I arrived at the hospital (big relief!).

Please be sure to come back and post your pics when you can.

:hug:

Congrats on finally gettin your scan date, it has been a long wait :(
but like hearing the heartbeat when you see the baby on the screen you'll forget ever being angry or upset :D :cheer:

my babys heartbeat sounds like a train but its a girl so who knows maybe yours will be the same :hug:

i've got my appointment for my 20 week scan and i have been told to drink plenty/have a full bladder so i still would if i were you or you might be disappointed. :hug:

Hi

Every scan i have had it says to drink 32 ounces of water 2 hours prior to scan and finish it 90 min before scan. unless your over 32 weeks then it says to drink only half that amount.
I have one tomorrow at 29 weeks and 5 days and i still have ot drink 4 glasses of water so im gonna have to pee so bad but ive known people who didnt drink much or nothing and had to come back.
Good luck for your scan hun
Katrina

fab news! glad u got it sorrted grace - hope u get ur girl!
Every scan I went to they told me to drink at least 2 pints of water at least one hour before u go. xx

Hi Grace - glad you're finally getting your scan. I had a scan at 17 wks for an amnio and had been drinking water in the car on the way up.....when she started scanning me she said I hadn't really had enough but could still see the baby quite well. After about 10 mins the water I drank on the way must have made it to my bladder and the picture was much clearer and she said that was because of the water. The pics I go from that scan were as clear as anything so I would still make sure you drink enough water - only so you're comfortable not bursting

thats strange you ladies were told to drink loads for your 20w scans..I have a date for my 20w scan and she told me I don't need a full bladder, just need to have 'something' in there (so otherwords, not empty :D )
maybe hospitals have different policies :think:

When I had my very 1st scan at 10.5 weeks, I was told to drink 2 pints of fluids. Then I had to have the scan repeated at 12.5 weeks, and again, I drank that amount. When I got to the hospital, they kept me waiting for ages, and I was dying for a pee! When I was finally in the scanning room, I told the sonographer that my bladder was really full and I could wet myself at any minute :oops: She passed the ultrasound wand over my belly, and said my bladder was too full and I had to go to the toilet to empty half of it out, and when I went back into the room, it was still too full and was sent to the toilet again! She told me not to bother with taking in the fluid for my next scan (the 20 week one).

And my 20 weeks scan is next Wednesday! :D I hope my hospital will let me know the gender of the baby.

oh wow thank god everything is okay... i've been coming back and forth :hug:

make sure they don't piss you around again :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back