good day gone BAD!!

SarahH

Reaction score
Me being happy nd enjoyng my week hs just turned to sh*t.

When I got in I had message on the answering machine from my Dad so I called him back a he said he wa driving and would call me later.

In the meantime I thought I'd call my sister to tell her about my tattoo, turns out my Dad is going to be marrying his girlfriend.... I dont know what to do.... I just burst into tears and hung up from her...

My mum only died 5yrs past June.. I dont get on with him much or his girlfriend... he met her only 3mths after my mum died.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Oh hunni,
i dunno what to say really,
its must be difficult and everything after your mum dying
i had the same kinda reaction when my dad told me he was marrying his girfriend. cos we dont get along.

it doesnt mean you have to go to the wedding if you dont agree with it though
:hug: :hug: :hug:
i dunno what else to say. im sorry but loads of hugs sent your way hun

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: big hugs for you i remember when my dad proposed to the wicked step mother it was horrible

It's difficult hun :hug:

My stepmum (who was lovely - my mum and dad never married and I had a lovely stepdad who I always thought of as my dad, so I had no problems with my stepmum) died a few years back - v suddenly. Within months my dad was engaged to a v young woman in another country (not internet he was emigrating there anyway) within 12 months they were married :shock:

it didn't last - but that isn't the point. Your dad was probably v happy in his marriage to your mum and to him happiness is sharing his life with someone special. 5 years is actually a long time to be alone - I know he met her early on, and that must have been hard, but the main thing for you (I'm sure) is that your dad is happy. I remember Denise Robertson (agony aunt on this morning :oops: ) explaining the reasons she married again so early after being widowed twice - and it was that she's had such a wonderful time being married to her husbands that she wanted that wonderfulness again. She was old enough and mature enough to know what she wanted in a relationship and even if they seemed v different to her previous husband, she knew that they had the same qualities that she loved.

PM me if you want - I'll tell you more details of what happened to the family and what we did to get through it after my dad's second marriage. I'll not type it all here - this is too long already :oops: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back