Going to start being positive

KeLe101

Reaction score
I have spent many a night on this forum asking questions about my cervical mucus, absent periods etc etc, and now I have decided to be more positive.

I have been for a run :puke: and I'm going to do exercise 3 times a week, I am going to eat more healthily :puke: and drink green tea twice a day :puke: :puke:

And, I'm going to give up the ov tests because they are making me more depressed since I only ever have faint lines and I hear that means it's negative!

I am hoping my real periods have gone AWOL because of the 14 years of being on the pill, and as I've managed to go nearly 6 months with 2 super-light 'pretend periods', I am guessing they are in no rush to return.
I am therefore going to keep monitoring my cervical mucus daily and I may buy a thermometer so I can check my temps.
I thought I may have ovulated last Friday so if I don't get a period by next Friday, I am going to go and see a nurse. I mentioned it briefly to my doctor last month when I was there and he just said "totally normal, you can stilll get pregnant - come back in 18 months if you're not". 18 months is a long time and I need a bit more reassurance than that.

Not sure if any of the above will get me anywhere but for now I would be happy just to have a normal, 5-7 day, medium-heavy period. That would be a start...!

Kelly x

Good luck hun, I'm going to be more positive too and not using OPKs or bought any more ebay cheapies. I will now wait and see if AF comes and if it doesnt only then will I test! I'm going to record temp and CM though :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Kelly

You are right to be positive. I used those ovulation tests many times and gave up as I always had a very faint line or none at all. When I went to the Drs they done a blood test and said that not only was I definatley ovulating, but I had a very strong hormonal level it made me think that maybe it's not worth doing these ovulation tests at all as you get disheartened when its a negaive or faint line.

Be positive, you will get there. One piece of advise I would give, is don't wait 18 months to go to the Dr's, go sooner rather than later, as if there is a problem it can be sirted out sooner rather than later.
Good luck

well done for being more positive the ttc malarks is very draining :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ttc is an emotional roller coaster for sure. good luck to you all and i think we should all join you :cheer:

i think we all need to take a leaf out of ur book and start being a bit more positive. i for one definately. ive been driving myself bonkers since losing bean with ttc. i fell first cycle with bean and i think thats because we just used the 'lets wait and see' approach, i was far more relaxed. starting now!!!! :cheer:

That's a great idea, good luck with the fitness and relaxed attitude :hug: :hug:
dina.marie said:
i think we all need to take a leaf out of ur book and start being a bit more positive. i for one definately. ive been driving myself bonkers since losing bean with ttc. i fell first cycle with bean and i think thats because we just used the 'lets wait and see' approach, i was far more relaxed. starting now!!!! :cheer:
I've definitely been less relaxed and a bit more desperate since my loss, unfortunalty you just want a baby so much when you loose one, hopefully we can both learn to relax more :hug: :hug:

mrs_metal said:
That's a great idea, good luck with the fitness and relaxed attitude :hug: :hug:
[quote="dina.marie":2elbkvnx]i think we all need to take a leaf out of ur book and start being a bit more positive. i for one definately. ive been driving myself bonkers since losing bean with ttc. i fell first cycle with bean and i think thats because we just used the 'lets wait and see' approach, i was far more relaxed. starting now!!!! :cheer:
I've definitely been less relaxed and a bit more desperate since my loss, unfortunalty you just want a baby so much when you loose one, hopefully we can both learn to relax more :hug: :hug:[/quote:2elbkvnx]

i agree, we really wanted a baby first time but this time i definately feel more 'desperate' thats a realy good way of putting it.

Relax and be positive!!!! What a good mantra ladies!

So hard to relax and sometimes so hard to be positive....as we all know!

But as a team we can help each other and support each other, we are all on the same rollercoaster ride as it were, we must be mad!!! :rotfl:

I'm gonna try and be more positive too. I think my prediction from Cheri 22 might help when I get it, as if she predicts a month not too far ahead, then I won't be expecting it to happen before then anyway. Then because I won't be stressing, it might happen before she has predicted it to! On the other hand, if she predicts it to happen ages off, I'll just tell myself that I'm in the 10% she has got wrong. :lol:

I started this cycle (62 days ago now) feeling relaxed and positive, I have not been charting or anything, I have cut out caffine (although I am not drinking green tea :puke: but I am drinking flavoured tea which is sooo much nicer) I tested this morning and got the faintest of faint lines and now :pray: ing that it gets darker :pray:

I feel so much happier about TTC this month then what I have for a long time and put that down to a positiveand relaxed attitude.

Good Luck to you all :pray: sending babydust to you all :hug: :hug:

A&J said:
I started this cycle (62 days ago now) feeling relaxed and positive, I have not been charting or anything, I have cut out caffine (although I am not drinking green tea :puke: but I am drinking flavoured tea which is sooo much nicer) I tested this morning and got the faintest of faint lines and now :pray: ing that it gets darker :pray:

I feel so much happier about TTC this month then what I have for a long time and put that down to a positiveand relaxed attitude.

Good Luck to you all :pray: sending babydust to you all :hug: :hug:
sounds like it worked for you then hun :dance:

A&J - Congratulations!!!! I hope your line gets darker really soon for you!! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back