AF 22 days late...

summer2011

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Currently on minipill cerazette, have been on this for 12 months. First 6 months period were all over the place, too many too little etc. However, periods settled back down to normal pattern, roughly lasting around 3-4 days every cycle. However, i was due to come on period over 3 weeks ago now, and still nothing.
Have been feeling nauseated most mornings/late in the evening, trips to the toilet have increased, have been fairly constipated and ducts on nipples appear to have increased slightly in size, seeming more raised and bumpy than usual.
Ordinarily i wouldn't be worried and would just put all of this down to effects of pill, but my periods had gone back to a normal pattern for almost 6 months until now.
I know the only sure way to know if i am pregnant is to take a test, i am waiting til next weekend as i will have missed two periods if AF does not arrive then.

Any advice, suggestions, thoughts...just anything really??

Hiya,

I too was on cerezette for some time (before coming off to TTC) - As you say, the only way to really know is to do a test. Have you been taking your pill daily without missing any? I remember when I first went on cerezette I had periods every month for about the first 4 or 5 months (sometimes 2 a month) but then mine stopped completely indefinitely after that (until recently when I stopped taking it). I believe it is common for individuals on cerzette to not have any periods at all after a while so it may just be that? When you went on the pill did your nurse / doctor inform you that after a few months your periods may stop altogether? xx

Hiya,

I too was on cerezette for some time (before coming off to TTC) - As you say, the only way to really know is to do a test. Have you been taking your pill daily without missing any? I remember when I first went on cerezette I had periods every month for about the first 4 or 5 months (sometimes 2 a month) but then mine stopped completely indefinitely after that (until recently when I stopped taking it). I believe it is common for individuals on cerzette to not have any periods at all after a while so it may just be that? When you went on the pill did your nurse / doctor inform you that after a few months your periods may stop altogether? xx

hi there,

i think i missed one in the last packet, so that's one in 28 days. Like they say, even missing one can get you pregnant!
I think i am going to leave it til the end of this week, as like i said above, i'll have missed two then. I think if i had just missed a period, and felt completely normal, i would just shrug it off...but it's all the other stuff which are classed as preg symptoms that are making me question it xx

hi ladies

update: i took two tests, one last night and one this morning with first urine.
last night's test was negative, however the one i took this morning came out as negative, but i only looked after about 30 seconds, saw the negative and discarded it. However, went back to check it just now after i got home from work to find a very faint line, making it a plus sign, rather than negative...im not sure whether i can class this as a reliable result, or it changed because it was left? Help please? xx

If youre talking about a blue dye clear blue, don't look at it afterwards. They are terrible for positive looking evaps, especially after the time limit.
Always use a pink dye test or a digi x

Hi those blue cross tests are awful for looking positive if read after the timescale, if you have a look here at these pictures it shows the same tests taken over a matter of time and some of them develop to look positive outside the timescale, but they are all negative tests.

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

I was on cerazette before ttc and I had periods for about the first 4-5 months, but then nothing for 18 months, and my bbs always have the developed ducts, I get nausea a lot etc and I am was not pregnant. I have just come off it and haven't taken it for over a month now, had a light bleed, but that's it.

hope you get the answer you were looking for

Quick update ladies:
brought two home preg tests today. Took one about half an hour ago & this test came out negative..will take the other in morn as obviously hcg levels are higher in morning urine, but i'm thinking maybe it really is a negative...
Feeling strangely sad about this, rather than relieved. Myself & partner were not trying for a baby, but over the past few days i have grown to the idea.. :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back