going from one extreme to another!

carlyr874

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I am 10 weeks pregnant today and just emotionally all over the place! I had a missed-miscarriage in January at 12 weeks - the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks, and I am terrified the same thing will happen again.

I had some bleeding at 7 weeks and went to the EPU for a scan where we saw the heartbeating and was re-assured everything was looking really good and healthy. I felt better for having seen the heartbeat, but the re-assurance has worn off now. I do feel different this time in comparison to the pregnancy where I miscarried in a way I can't explain very well - I suppose I just feel a bit more pregnant if that makes sense?! I am having more symptoms than I did last time, in particular tiredness, I am so exhausted that everything is a chore! But then I sometimes think it's all in my head and maybe I'm having no more symtoms than I had last time but I want to believe that I am :?

I have had my initial appointment with the midwife and she has sent off for my dating scan but the appointment hasn't arrived yet, I think I am going mad. I am sometimes calm and manage to convince myself that everything is fine and I can be patient and wait for the appointment to arrive, but then I switch to moments of sheer panic and want to book a private scan for re-assurance.

Can anyone suggest anyway I can gain some re-assurance without paying the £150 for the private scan - I can't really afford it, but then I think maybe I should just book it so that I can relax a bit.

Sorry it's such a long post!

I understand how you must feel. I had a m/c in november and am really struggling to enjoy this pregnancy, as the worry and fear that the same thing will happen is so much wore this time round!
Have you tried rining you midwife or EPU and say it's making you very anxious because of your history, and see if you can get an extra reassurance scan?
Failing that then i would probably go for the private one. Even though its expensive, if it makes you enjoy the next 3 weeks more then it might just be worth it..

kate

I know how you feel - I had a reassurance scan at 9 weeks, but couldn't relax until I had had the dating scan at 13 weeks, and even now, because I'm not feeling movements yet I have an underlying anxiety and got the MW to check with a doppler this week for a heartbeat. The MW told me that the chances of a m/c are much reduced once they have seen a heartbeat, and I did keep this as a bit of a mantra to get through. I would chase up your appointment for the dating scan and you will hopefully have that in the next couple of weeks. in the meatime, it might just be a matter of finding plenty of distractions to help the time pass a bit quicker.
Best wishes
Andrea :hug: :hug:

I will be completly honest with you, the worry does not stop during pregnancy after a miscarriage it just gets less and less.

If you had a scan after 8 weeks and baby was fine that is a good sign, however you need to tke each day at a time and just have some faith your lo will be ok.

Don't worry you will get there and please don't think because it happened before it will happen again...

:hug:

Aww thanks for your replies ladies!

It's good to know there are people in the same boat who understand.

Off sick today, really headachey and tired just gonna chill out. Feeling a bit more positive today though, got really sore boobs too which I suppose is re-assuring in itself. I bought a doppler on ebay yesterday too, I know I probably won't be able to hear anything yet, but when i get further on thought it would be a good idea to be able to get re-assurance on tap!

thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back