Going camping - any tips?

Bella2

Reaction score
I'm going camping with my OH in a week's time, will be 25/26 weeks pregnant by then. Has anyone else been camping while pregnant if so do you have any advice? Is there anything particular I should take to make sure I'm comfortable? x x

I would say be careful of the bugs and wc hygiene. Maybe an extra pillow also to make your back comfortable? Not much a camping person but good luck and have fun out there :)

Yeah I've been 4 times so far this pregnancy and about to go on a 3 weeker this weekend to France. Main thing is the loo! We now own a port a loo as I got sick of traipsing to the loo in the night! Take lots of comfy pillows too. We're slightly up market from a tent as we have a 1970s vw camper, but bed isn't really much better and tiny! I also found bending around putting tent pegs in or cooking on the little stoves harder than normal but that's it really, just make sure you take your notes and enjoy!

Having just been to Glastonbury at 33 weeks pregnant, I would recommend travel johns( a wee bag) sounds really gross but really useful for midnight wees they are available from Amazon.

Having just been to Glastonbury at 33 weeks pregnant, I would recommend travel johns( a wee bag) sounds really gross but really useful for midnight wees they are available from Amazon.

Is that those she-pee things? I tried using them at a festival once (not pregnant) but my head wouldn't let me pee standing up lol!

Hey Bella,

I'm going camping in 2 weeks and again in 5 weeks. The first trip is really a one night dry run to make sure I can handle 3-4 nights in the second trip.

My OH and I went and bought me the best airbed we could find that has three layers (50cm high) and then plan on taking my dreamgeneni pillow for sleeping. We also bought a chemical toilet as I am going every hour at the moment. Hoping I should be fine with everything else...

Only other things is to be careful with food too but that is normal anyway...

Enjoy getting back to nature..... :) Let me know how you go incase there is anything else I need to soryt before mine.

I went camping at 36 weeks ( i think it was about then) and it was fine. If you are on a campsite, park near the toilet block if you can, so you don't have to walk miles to get too it. Also the camping seats aren't very comfortable, so take a pillow or something to put on it before you sit down. Can't remember if there was aything else now. it wasn't that bad to be honest, I would do it again.

thanks so much for your replies girls, you've all given me the confidence that camping is do-able when you're pregnant! I think that's my main issue - needing the loo so often, will have a look into the travel John - hopefully if I order it today it will be here in time for next friday. Chookette - will def keep you posted on how I get on... x x

I’d say try and get in the same row as the toilet block but not right next door. Maybe 3 or 4 tents away so easy distance but not too close if they are a bit smelly. I’d also take toilet roll (you never know!) and some wet wipes so you can wipe the toilet down. I’ve never been camping pregnant but these are just my general camping tips :lol:

We got some great comfortable camping chairs on offer last year. I’d say it would be worth investing in a new one that is a good height for you and comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back