• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Going back to work :-(

Tan

Reaction score
I am due back to work tomorrow and absolutely dreading it. I feel so sad to be leaving Isabelle and I know she'll be fine (she's going to the same nursery as my son) but i'm worried i'm going to miss out on things etc.

If I could afford not to work I would but unfortunately we're not that lucky. I just keep getting upset all the time and don't know what to do. I'm only going back for afternoons, 12-4 .

Does everyone feel like this when they have to go back?

Tan x

I am getting really worried about going back - I start back on Monday. I am going back 4days - 8:30 - 5pm but it is a 30min drive to work. We will have to see how the finances go. We have the first phase in session at the nursery tomorrow.

I am getting really worried about Ellies feeds. I am breast feeding and in the first month we used a EBM in a bottle quite a bit but haven't bothered since as she was fine with it. The other day I took a bottle of EBM for her with us to the hair dressers, she had some of it and then got really upset and I had to BF her. I then realised I Was still on newborn teats and got some 3-6 month ones but when I tried her with those she was the same. My breasts are very enthusiastic so I have just got some 6month + ones as I am hoping she is just getting fustrated by how slowly she is getting the milk from the bottle. I am stressing over whether I have expressed off enough for her to start with and whether I will get enough off while at work for her at the nursery.

aah good luck tan for work tomorrow & good luck nicky for next week. :hug: :hug:

I went back full time when Maddie was 6 months old, and it was very upsetting even though I loved my job and kind of wanted to go back - I just didn't want to leave her!

Part time is a nice compromise - it will just take you a bit of time to get used to it. And at least you have faith in your nursery so you know she'll be well looked after - that's one less thing to feel stressed about. If you aren't enjoying 5 afternoons a week, are you able to work - say 2 or 3 full days instead? May be worth discussing with your employer if you are not happy.

My advice is not to take any piccies of Isabelle to work for a couple of weeks, otherwise you'll just spend all your time staring at her photo and it may make you feel worse.

Anyway good luck - hope it goes well.

LBxx

Hi

Im sure it will be okay , i know it must be very tough :hug:
Katrina

Hey Tan.

I feel for ya darl.

I'm heading back on Monday and we have settling in periods at nursery tomorrow and Friday.

I'm going full-time with Wednesdays working from home. Same thing, financially we have to do it but otherwise I'd stay with him.

I'm very anxious and was in tears most of yesterday thinking about it. The nursery is lovely and we have alot of friends baby's went there too so that makes me feel better.

I know I'll be watching the clock at work though and wondering if he goes to sleep ok isn't crying etc etc.

Good idea about not taking a photo to work though for a few weeks.

Let us know how she got on.

Sass & Jakey
x

I've got to ring up nursery's today. :(

Unfortunately, I also have to go back full-time, so I can sympathis with you all. :hug:

I do sympathise with you. My friend just started back to work recently just afternoons and was dreading it but now she is back in the groove and enjoys having her work relationships etc.

Nicky maybe Ellie will be fine with EBM from someone else. Leorah doesn't like a bottle from me and will normally let go and put her gums round my boob but she is fine with my DH or anyone else.

I can totally sympathise with you on this one.

I was totally dreading leaving Jacob even though he was going to be with his daddy or grandma. I spent the last couple of weeks of my maternity leave in tears just at the thought of it. But I promise you the thinking about it is worse than the doing. I have come back to work 4 days a week which is a lovely compromise. The first week was awful, I had a huge lump in the back of my throat driving all the way to work, but I was determined not to cry while at work. I have been back now for 5 weeks and it is so much easier. I don't mess around at the end of the day anymore, I am out of the door like a shot to get back home to my LO and I get such a fantastic greeting when I walk through the door, it makes it all worthwhile.

Xxx

Hi all and thanks for your replies

I ended up getting a phone call from work to say that the school was closed as the heating had packed up so didn't have to go in which was a bonus.

I still took Isabelle though as she was booked in. I printed out a whole sheet about her routine, feeding, playing, sleeping etc and left it at home which was helpful. Then I cried as soon as I got into the nursery! But, we handed her over and she looked a little bewildered, explained her routine and went before I got too bad!

I went home, cried more and then me and DH went out for lunch which was nice to take my mind off it all for a bit.

When we went back she seemed really grumpy with me and she had hardly slept or eaten very well so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just the new surroundings etc. Made me feel a bit bad though.

I so wish I didn't have to work!

tan x

rrr tan, sorry feel bad about going back to work. Well done for a sucessful first day at nursery though.... i would have been bawling too :(

xxxx

Oh good luck you guys, I couldn't do it. Become a childminder, best of both worlds. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back