• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

going abroad & water

Amy_J

Reaction score
sorry in advance if this turn out to be a long thread lol!

basically, me and oh are planning to go to his parents holiday home in the south of italy for about 1month. when we went to italy to visit family last month, my MIL had already bought in water for me to use for marleys formula. when we were living there and i stopped bf i used to buy aptamil liquid so no need for water. i didnt want to be rude lol so used the water she got me.. she said it didnt need to be boiled which confused me too. they dont use kettles either!! there was one specific water which had a picture of a baby on the front and we used that for his beaker, that one i know was perfect as the doctor told us to use that! as for the water i was using for the bottles i had my doubts! she said she did that same with oh and his sis when they were babies.....

last time we were there for just a week so i wasnt too concerned. with us planning to go for a month i just want to know exactly what i should be doing??? hes only on 2 bottles a day now. what do you do when you go abroad? which water? i heard somehting about sodium etc etc ???

when we lived there i used to drink the tap water no problem, it was perfectly fine... could i just boil their tap water? would that be better than bottled water???

need your advice ladies as we're booking flights today so need to be prepared!!! =)))

thankyouu

if it was me personally and baby was over 6 months i wud use bottled water.... i mean u can use bottled water here from 6 months :) xxx

ah thankyou, i had no idea. any bottled water then? and this may sound silly but do i need to boil it??

no bacause u dont need to boil it here after 6 months froma bottle, i know i may sound old school but look at the amount of germs they get off dropped toys and their hands and the floor, itll do his ammune system some good!! :) its each to their own when i was in spain when madison was 7-8 months i used bottled water not boiled altho i did sterilise the bottles which in hindsight i prob wudnt do either and shes fine and that was for 2 weeks, babies r more resilient than we give them credit for xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back