Glucose test for Seb

Sherry

Reaction score
Seb has now had thrush for the past 4 weeks, he has had 2 lots of medicine. It cleared up the first time and 2 days later it came back. The second lot of medicine hasnt really cleared it. I took him back yesterday and they want to do a glucose test on his urine as one of the symptoms of diabetes is thrush that wont clear up.
Now I dont know if I should be worrying, my Mum was diagnosed with Diabetes in Dec last year after being ill for quite some time. Although she has contracted it later in life the Dr said not to worry too much about it being in immediate family. Suerly Seb would be poorly if he did have it?
The fun and games are going to start when he wakes up and I have to try and somehow get a wee sample from him, the Dr gave me one of those tubes :rotfl: how the bloody hell do I get it, wring his nappy out or sit with it over his winkey :think: :think:

hmmmm has he got thrush in the mouth or on bottom ? as we have diabetes in the immediate family and christopher has has a funny rash on his bottom we cant get rid of he had anti fungal cream and it got better but when it ran out its now come back :think: :think: :think: :think:

i hope its not hun..

its got me thinking now because bailey has had thrush in his mouth and hes had a sore bottom.. we are on our 3rd week of him having it and 2nd bottle of treatment.. :doh:

ps they will give you a proper pad to put in his nappy and you will need to syringe the urine out.. quite easy i did it with bradley when he was a baby.. they give you all the kit to use. dont worry im sure he will be fine..

keep us updated on his test.. :hug:

He has it in his mouth. Some days it really irritates him and the poor mite gets so grumpy. He cant take his bottle properly when its aggrivating him and whinges most of the day an night till he is asleep. All the Dr gave me was a sample bottle like the ones we have to pee in when pregnant. Still havent got a sample from him yet. Going to go out an buy a potty to sit him on :lol: Will let you know when I have the test esults back :hug:

Well I got a wee sample from Seb :cheer: . I am going to take it in to docs tomorrow. I had to stick a sandwich bag around his little winkey :rotfl: Did the trick though :D . Will let you know what the result is when I get back. Fingers crossed everything is ok :pray: :pray:

Thanks rhian,
Have you managed to find out whats on your little man's bottom yet??? I hope it clears up soon for him :hug:

Sherry said:
Well I got a wee sample from Seb :cheer: . I am going to take it in to docs tomorrow. I had to stick a sandwich bag around his little winkey :rotfl: Did the trick though :D . Will let you know what the result is when I get back. Fingers crossed everything is ok :pray: :pray:

they did a simular thing to alice at the hospital when they needeed a sample... but she kicked and tor the thing off and screamed, and wee went everywhere!!

Hope it comes back clear, and the thrush clears up soon :hug:

Hey ladies,

Well Seb's urine is clear of glucose :cheer: . Just got to get rid of this bloody thrush. Got two lots of medicine now so hopefully in another weeks time it will have all cleard up.

That's great news, I hope the thrush clears up soon. :hug:

I have to say I laughed out loud at the idea of sitting with a sandwich bag waiting for him to wee! Stupid doctor just giving you a sample bottle, they really don't think do they?!? At least he's a boy, I imagine getting a sample from a little girl must be harder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back